Make a donation

Author Topic: Countdown has begun for the Ed30's replacement..  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Countdown has begun for the Ed30's replacement..
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »
Looks awesome, have you gone for the performance wheels in black then? I've only ever seen them in the polished finish and wasn't keen so the black will look wicked  :drool:

I have been thinking about getting the new performance steering wheel if you've seen it? very tempted, they are around 500 but look soooo good! might be worth seeing if you can get a deal while buying new  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:29 pm »
No mate, having standard rims (same as yours), just couldn't find a pic of one with standard black rims and spoiler at the time..
Steering wheel is mint, yeah. Just with the mileage I do it would look a right mess after a while IMO..

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »
Nice "Hedgehunter" there Ben :congrats:

About time you took the plunge. Just don't go racing any M3's this time around :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »
They look like the same BMW Performance parts Ben, I got my bits here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/owner/accessories_enquiry/subhome/?cat=performance&product=aerodynamics

Mine is DCT, needs to be in Sport to get close to a mapped DSG, I still find I've got to paddle down a couple of gears manually when you floor it as its a bit slow to kick down in Auto, but changes up lightning quick with a nice crack. Does make you realise how good the little old DSG box is in full Auto.
It has a launch control but wont let you use it again 'until you have travelled a certain distance' havent found out what that is yet but its defiantly more than 1/4 mile  :ashamed:

On paper the BM and the Edition 30 are about the same (pre strip out) but I know what I'd rather be in when you get to some corners, the 335i is a bit of a lard arse and you couldn't call it nimble, I'm sure the 135 would be alot more light on its feet.

The Straight 6 is properly addictive, sounds great and nice low down pull,  never had a go of the old proper Twin Turbo, but I cant really say there's any lag, its not really fair to compare it to the Golf as its a bit hard core now.

I've done 12k in the BM and can easily get mid 30 mpg on a run,  I still dont need to change the rear tyres but will try PS3's as the run flats have got better but are still sh*t.

I've looked at the BMW Performance engine tuning kit, (won't effect the warranty) gives additional Rad, air intake, fan & software = extra 50Nm and 15kW (dont know what that is in Hp). She deserves a birthday present in May  :happy2:

Enjoy Ben  :wink:

Edit: 15kW = 20Hp

Tommy_A, I started a Carpentry & Joinery company about 20yrs ago  :happy2:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:51:23 pm by NeilM »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 07:01:35 pm »
You've made a good choice with the BMW, great cars, and just as involved as you are in the GTI, albeit RWD  :driver:
Be really good if you could pop in here after a while and let us know how you get on with it, i have been looking at the second hand prices of these falling and am in two minds as to stay with Edition 30 or go BMW (diesel  :ashamed:)
Enjoy the new car mate, love the edge the performance pack adds!

Echo the vultures comments aswell!  :popcornsoda:

I'll be going no where mate.. Met some good friends on here and will more than likely be on here just as much as I am now tbh..  :signLOL:

Just like myself  :signLOL:

I think you have deffo made the right choice

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »
It be good to see what the equivalent stage 2 135i will do on the 30-130 day if you do it again next year as well

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:53 pm »
It be good to see what the equivalent stage 2 135i will do on the 30-130 day if you do it again next year as well

I will no doubt get it mapped/tuning box (just to up the MPG on runs if anything else  :wink:), but won't be going down the same route as the Golf in regards to Intake/Pump/Exhaust. So it won't be in the same state of tune as the Golf, but will produce slightly better figures power wise.
Due to the BM being a fair bit heavier, I won't imagine it to be able to touch the Golf from say 30-100, but after that the BM will start to romp on no doubt..

I'm sure we will soon see..  :wink:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:19 am »
They look like the same BMW Performance parts Ben, I got my bits here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/owner/accessories_enquiry/subhome/?cat=performance&product=aerodynamics

Mine is DCT, needs to be in Sport to get close to a mapped DSG, I still find I've got to paddle down a couple of gears manually when you floor it as its a bit slow to kick down in Auto, but changes up lightning quick with a nice crack. Does make you realise how good the little old DSG box is in full Auto.
It has a launch control but wont let you use it again 'until you have travelled a certain distance' havent found out what that is yet but its defiantly more than 1/4 mile  :ashamed:

On paper the BM and the Edition 30 are about the same (pre strip out) but I know what I'd rather be in when you get to some corners, the 335i is a bit of a lard arse and you couldn't call it nimble, I'm sure the 135 would be alot more light on its feet.

The Straight 6 is properly addictive, sounds great and nice low down pull,  never had a go of the old proper Twin Turbo, but I cant really say there's any lag, its not really fair to compare it to the Golf as its a bit hard core now.

I've done 12k in the BM and can easily get mid 30 mpg on a run,  I still dont need to change the rear tyres but will try PS3's as the run flats have got better but are still sh*t.

I've looked at the BMW Performance engine tuning kit, (won't effect the warranty) gives additional Rad, air intake, fan & software = extra 50Nm and 15kW (dont know what that is in Hp). She deserves a birthday present in May  :happy2:

Enjoy Ben  :wink:

Edit: 15kW = 20Hp

Tommy_A, I started a Carpentry & Joinery company about 20yrs ago  :happy2:

Sounds promising Neil (especially the MPG), cheers for that mate..  :happy2:
I have heard about the BMW Performance upgrade, and seems like a nice bit of kit (no doubt it'll be a boat load of cash though  :surprised:). Think the map is a mild one compared to others, but at least it's warranty approaved.
Think i'll be opting for the JB4 plug in and play kit after some research (when it's released for the N55 of course). My mate has had the JB upgardes on both of his 135i's and has been well impressed. Seems the latest one gives 80bhp and the wheels with no other hardware  :surprised:. Plus with it being a plug in (15 min install) it's ideal for delaer visits too..  :wink:

Some cool litlle features with it too. Fuel gauge can be used as a boost gauge when over 80% throttle is applied, diagnostics, shift lights and loads more. All done through the steering wheel controls and speedo/rev counter..

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_BMW_performance_tuner.html

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:34:08 am by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »
You're making me want one  :mad:

Enquired about a white 09plate ... This site ruins me  :grin:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 07:23:22 pm »

:signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »

Consider yourself officially disowned.....  :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=t0jgs65k9utvbgeu99mso8u385&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »
That is a very cool interface!  :notworthy:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 07:48:33 pm »

Consider yourself officially disowned.....  :grin:

You should be encouraging him Beddie...  :jumpmove:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 08:21:24 pm »
You're making me want one  :mad:

Enquired about a white 09plate ... This site ruins me  :grin:

Consider yourself officially disowned.....  :grin:

You should be encouraging him Beddie...  :jumpmove:

You don't have to listen to him changing his mind like the wind day in day out....  :signLOL:

In the last week it's been an M5, E class coupe, 135i, V8 M3, a space shuttle and then of course there is the 'i'm keeping the 123d and getting wheels, sportlines, remap and a wrap in every colour of the rainbow depending on what day it is', wish i had his energy!  :grin:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:27:01 pm by Beddie »

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:41 pm »
Ben, a few days away in the (fully loaded) 335i.

Dorset > Essex:

and about a tank full of driving including stuck on M25 for an hour  :laugh:

Amazing for a 3Ltr straight 6 petrol  :happy2: