Make a donation

Poll

How much could you afford before you had to give up your beloved GTI/Ed30/R32 petrol powered beast?

no more than £1.40 Per Litre
no more than £1.70 Per Litre
no more than £1.90 Per Litre
no more than £2.10 Per Litre
no more than £2.30 Per Litre +
I don't care I need my fix!!!

Author Topic: How much would you pay for petrol? --Survey--  (Read 7275 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: How much would you pay for petrol? --Survey--
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 06:56:13 pm »
It's often best not to think about what your total spending is on things you enjoy - It can spoil the enjoyment if you let it. As long as you've got your debts under control and food and a roof over your head, what does it matter?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »

It has just turned 3 years old and 50k miles, so thought it was wise to get rid of it whilst it still had some value in it and before too many more miles went on it.

I decided against it though as I won't be happy in a lesser specced and lesser performing model and know I will regret selling the ed30.

Me too....fill up at least once a week from empty to full.  Probably spend £350-400 a month just on petrol.

Spooky Clare! Exactly how i've been thinking about mine lately! 3 years old now and 45K and with a 60 mile a day commute taking a £70 tank plus £30 for weekend funsies, but like you i really can't bring myself to let her go, still looks and runs like new and any fuel saving i got from changing would be wiped out by taking a hit on mine and the increased depreciation on the new one..

Besides it still makes me smile on each and every journey so going to stop worrying about keeping the miles down for the next owner and try and ignore the fact that i spend more on unleaded than on my mortgage  :laugh:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0emjevq7620k3f9nsrb317pdqo&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:06 pm »
Its funny isnt it... i have sat in my lounge on many occasion in the last 6 weeks thinking "Im gonna have to sell it, its just not making financial sense "

Yet when driving it to the petrol station i couldnt care less what it costs to fill up cos its just total hoot to drive...  but its does sound like we are in a simiar situation re: fuel bills!   :sad:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
Just sat and worked out my fuel bill for Jan and with the recent increases I am now topping £1k a month on fuel for the first time  :scared: :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:14 pm »
 :scared: :scared: i think that would be the turning point for me. 

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0emjevq7620k3f9nsrb317pdqo&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57:57 pm »
Just sat and worked out my fuel bill for Jan and with the recent increases I am now topping £1k a month on fuel for the first time  :scared: :scared:

Christ... how many miles? I usually to about 25k a year, and i thought that was a lot!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:32 pm »

Just sat and worked out my fuel bill for Jan and with the recent increases I am now topping £1k a month on fuel for the first time  :scared: :scared:

....But isn't a high percentage of your mileage for work purposes and therefore you get that work fuel subsidised or even fully paid for?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »

Fook me. According to Road Trip I'm looking at around £1800 per YEAR with my current consumption over the last 8k miles.

Does the P in Steve P stand for Petrol :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:03 pm »
well i believe his last name is £

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:31 pm »

Just sat and worked out my fuel bill for Jan and with the recent increases I am now topping £1k a month on fuel for the first time  :scared: :scared:

....But isn't a high percentage of your mileage for work purposes and therefore you get that work fuel subsidised or even fully paid for?

40k PA of which 80% work but as it's getting to my permanent place of work it isn't paid for or claimable.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »

40k PA of which 80% work but as it's getting to my permanent place of work it isn't paid for or claimable.

....Ouch! That's a bummer  :sad1: I don't suppose there's a clever way around that one. If your employer were to pay you a 'bonus' which just happens to cover it it's not tax free. As long as you earn enough money for your needs there's no point worrying - Win some, lose some.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »
^^^ It doesn't bothered me, just surprised by how much it's came to last month. :smiley:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »
Its funny isnt it... i have sat in my lounge on many occasion in the last 6 weeks thinking "Im gonna have to sell it, its just not making financial sense "

Yet when driving it to the petrol station i couldnt care less what it costs to fill up cos its just total hoot to drive...  but its does sound like we are in a simiar situation re: fuel bills!   :sad:

Yeah seems we are mate!

It's a good job i love the damn thing though, and like most relationships it can be very trying lol! We went through a rough patch few weeks back which started with the MOT failure and the subsequent retest fee / cost of fitting the new brake hoses / new fluid etc, jumped in the car outside PSI and it bonged up for a service in 1000 miles... drove 3 miles and it bonged for fuel, 2 weeks and £400 spent on servicing later it bonged for fuel on the way back from VW and bonged for a brake light bulb as i pulled on the drive...

Just felt like it was asking for money every time i turned the key! as i say, good job i love her  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 09:32:07 pm »
BONG!  :grin:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »
BONG!  :grin:

:scared: :scared: :scared: Thought it was asking for money again!