Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Hi everyone
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:20:05 am »
Hi everyone, im Andy (obviosuly lol) from the north east. Just treat myself to a 2006 GTI last week

In standard form but virtually every extra apart from cruise control and sat nav I think. The alloys are in desperate need of some TLC and Ill be detailing the car when the weather picks up. I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully get some some expert advice from time to time!

Thanks

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »
Hi & welcome mate

Lots of great info on this forum, especially to help you part with you cash :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline dave963

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:15:03 pm »
welcome to the site Andy :smiley:

Offline damo666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »
Hi and welcome matey, any plans  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:43:00 pm »
Welcome Andy  :happy2:

Car looks lovely!  :congrats:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »
Hi and welcome. This place will have you spending £££ in no time at all.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 04:59:54 pm »

Thanks  :smiley: Initial plans are just a general tidy up to start with. Wheel refurb and retrofit cruise control will be first on the list. Im looking for somewhere in the north east that will refurb the Monzas. I know of Romax in Stockton but all they can do is powder coat the wheel in one colour which is a shame. Ill obviously post in the relevant section about this to see if anyone can help.

Future plans will be Stage 1 Revo with a new diverter valve if its needed, a private plate and a Milltek exhaust.

I spent a fortune on my last car, a 2003 S3. Im hoping I dont fall into the same trap again but I think this is wishful thinking, as Ive been looking at some cracking cars on the forum and Its giving me ideas already!!! But im going to try and keep the OEM look as much as possible.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »

Thanks  :smiley: Initial plans are just a general tidy up to start with. Wheel refurb and retrofit cruise control will be first on the list. Im looking for somewhere in the north east that will refurb the Monzas. I know of Romax in Stockton but all they can do is powder coat the wheel in one colour which is a shame. Ill obviously post in the relevant section about this to see if anyone can help.

Future plans will be Stage 1 Revo with a new diverter valve if its needed, a private plate and a Milltek exhaust.

I spent a fortune on my last car, a 2003 S3. Im hoping I dont fall into the same trap again but I think this is wishful thinking, as Ive been looking at some cracking cars on the forum and Its giving me ideas already!!! But im going to try and keep the OEM look as much as possible.

Best stay away from this forum if that’s your plan :wink: :laugh:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »

Best stay away from this forum if that’s your plan :wink: :laugh:

So True!!  :happy2:

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:26:07 pm »
Welcome Andy,
Seems like there are more of us from the North East than you might expect. Where in Stockton? I'm by the Mile House.
Enjoy the banter mate,,,,

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »
Welcome Andy,
Seems like there are more of us from the North East than you might expect. Where in Stockton? I'm by the Mile House.
Enjoy the banter mate,,,,

Im over in Toy Town (Ingleby Barwick lol)

Its good there's a good 'fan base' up here, it can sometimes be awkward and expensive organising meets further away not to mention helping each other out when we can (I have VCDS Hex & Can BTW)

Offline Andy_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 09:27:44 pm »
Where are you both hiding?? I'm right near the fox covert pub.

Well most of the time I'm in it :signLOL:

Ill keep an eye out for your car then as I treat myself and the missus to a parmo in there every once in a while  :happy2:

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 10:38:32 pm »
Welcome  :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email