Make a donation

Author Topic: Tesco momentum  (Read 8202 times)

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Tesco momentum
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:31 am »
ALL fuels, including Super Unleaded will be made to carry proportion of ethanol in them soon....most do already, except for BP's top of the range unleaded (last time I checked, in the summer, BP's Southern distribution network did NOT have ethanol). Also, i believe Murco of all people also had little ethanol in their fuels when I checked. This is because they are all being made to make their respective fuels "bio" fuels.....and of course, doesn't exactly knock the bottom profit line either  :fighting:

Normal unleaded already has ethanol in, across every supplier and fuel range. There's a simple test you can do to check the ethanol content and to see how much your fuel has in it (tho the simple, glass testers aren't quite so cheap.....I'll put up a link to my other halfs online shop as she sells them! LOL). Joking aside tho......it would be interesting to see how all of our fuels are "messed with" in different ways, across the country.

I only found this out whilst researching suitable fuels for an aero engine. You can buy Aviation approved fuel that is ethanol free.....but that's VERY expensive.....more so than normal super at the moment at least!