Make a donation

Author Topic: Tesco momentum  (Read 8200 times)

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: Tesco momentum
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 06:30:04 pm »
my R has only ever been run on Vpower, never planning to change  :innocent:

my truck though... tesco's all the way as it costs almost £100 to fill it so 5p off per litre really helps as do the points  :laugh:

VC.

The only Tesco I know near you is in Penzance,that is,nt momemtum 99ron..I was there when it re-opened after a re-fit and it was only 95ron..I queued for ages to find that out.Then drove topside of Hayle for some V power.. :confused:

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:38 pm »
ah but if you fill up at shell you get points with your Vpower card which you can convert to airmiles, if you pay with virgin atlantic Amex you get airmiles, because you collect two sets of points in one transaction with the amex card virgin atlantic give you a third set of points as a thankyou, convert all to airmiles and youre laughing

currently have well over 20,000 airmiles saved from the 15,000 miles wort of fuel bought from shell

thats gets me alot of places for free, and can cash them in for hotels, theme parks etc etc

my tesco points are converted to airmiles too

needless to say, im well on track for my free hong kong trip in 2012  :innocent: (only cost is airport tax)

my R has only ever been run on Vpower, never planning to change  :innocent:

my truck though... tesco's all the way as it costs almost £100 to fill it so 5p off per litre really helps as do the points  :laugh:

VC.

The only Tesco I know near you is in Penzance,that is,nt momemtum 99ron..I was there when it re-opened after a re-fit and it was only 95ron..I queued for ages to find that out.Then drove topside of Hayle for some V power.. :confused:

i wouldnt know dude i use diesel at tescos  :happy2: but yeah its penzance

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 06:41:04 pm »
ah but if you fill up at shell you get points with your Vpower card which you can convert to airmiles, if you pay with virgin atlantic Amex you get airmiles, because you collect two sets of points in one transaction with the amex card virgin atlantic give you a third set of points as a thankyou, convert all to airmiles and youre laughing

currently have well over 20,000 airmiles saved from the 15,000 miles wort of fuel bought from shell

thats gets me alot of places for free, and can cash them in for hotels, theme parks etc etc

my tesco points are converted to airmiles too

needless to say, im well on track for my free hong kong trip in 2012  :innocent: (only cost is airport tax)

my R has only ever been run on Vpower, never planning to change  :innocent:

my truck though... tesco's all the way as it costs almost £100 to fill it so 5p off per litre really helps as do the points  :laugh:

VC.

i wouldnt know dude i use diesel at tescos  :happy2: but yeah its penzance

Ahhh.. re-read your original post.. Stupid me. :laugh:

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »
BUMP!

Are there any dynos in existence showing stock 2.0 200PS GTI respective power outputs on V-Power Vs Tesco Momentum Vs anything else?

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 04:45:04 pm »
From reading on the scooby site, that tesco99 has show less knock then V-power and so by swear by it. Imo its what is nearest to you which helps you decide on the two .
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »
where i live it's equally convenient to get either and the Shell is out in the sticks so they don't charge very much so same price.

i notice better fuel economy with V-Power, but otherwise no difference.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »
BUMP!

Are there any dynos in existence showing stock 2.0 200PS GTI respective power outputs on V-Power Vs Tesco Momentum Vs anything else?

I have no back to back dyno data but most of my own cars have run identically on vpower and momentum, no obvious difference in ignition pull or overall ignition advance data.

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »
Thanks all.  I live slap bang between a Shell and a Tesco :-). Think I'll go with Momentum on the next fill up... :-)

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:20 pm »
What would the difference be or harm caused running on normal unleaded then ? I Will always used Shell due to the additives contained in all their fuels but is there really and great difference from normal unleaded to Vpower ? VW brochures received today re possible Ed35 purchase make no reference to using Vpower just state minimum 95ron
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16:37 pm »
No harm - TFSi is designed just for that - running on different types of fuel.

But do remember that the max power (200bhp GTI, 230bhp ED30) is based on using 98+RON.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:03 am »
I have used Momentum 99 for the last 5 years as opposed to V power, purely because where I live tesco is 1.5 miles and shell is 15 miles away, plus I get 5p offer per litre and tesco price is lower than shell anyway.

I did fill up last time on V power and feel no diff, although I will try to fill up every 4th tank on V power (purely for those so called magical additives  :wink:)

Also when did V power become 99 ron as last I knew it was always advertised as 98 ron?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 01:02:26 am »
You need a few tanks for the ECU to adjust to appreciate a difference.

Shell's old superfuel, Optimax, was 98RON. With the name change to V-Power came 99RON
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 07:50:08 am »
My bro runs his DAX Cobra on the Tesco 99 high octane stuff. Apparently it is a higher octane than VPower. He seems to think so anyway.  :stupid:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 08:10:09 am »
I have always thought v-power was 98 ron.

Tesco Momentum seems to cause my emisions light to come on after a couple of hundred miles. So i aways use v-power now.  :happy2:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:09 am »
I have always thought v-power was 98 ron.

Tesco Momentum seems to cause my emisions light to come on after a couple of hundred miles. So i aways use v-power now.  :happy2:

I think you have some other issue going on there ... I run mostly Momentum, occasionally V-Power and notice no difference at all between them.  Sometimes forced to use 95 RON depending on availability and where I am.  Never had any warning lights or detrimental side effect from using any of the above.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant