Make a donation

Author Topic: Calling MortyGTTDi  (Read 1925 times)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Calling MortyGTTDi
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:42:26 am »
I'm trying to get in touch with Darren. I've got a colleague in need of RNS510 MFD3 into his R32, and past experience with Darren is that he's spot on & onkly an hour away. But no joy via pm......

Darren, drop me a line mate!!
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Calling MortyGTTDi
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:44:20 am »
Admin Notice:

Moved here as you may get more assistance  :happy2:

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:41:49 pm »
You got PM Lou.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:43:43 pm »
Sorry mate busy at work at moment so not been keeping up with emails or such.  Does he have the nav unit or is he after one,  I do have a b version in excellent condition.

Let me know if he is after one.

Cheers

Darren

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »
Hi mate. He wants a nav unit, firmware & reversing camera, & I want a firmware upgrade on mine.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:05:30 pm by LouCyffer »
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »
And thanks to all three of you :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:24:03 pm »
I wouldn't recommend a firmware upgrade unless you are changing the Canbus, mainly for the battery drain,  although if you look in the thread that VrsCarl has put together you should be able to do it with the modded firmware.

The only other thing is turning your unit into a brick is not recommended, and something that is not sorted out easily.

I don't do the Camera kit so that is something you would need to speak to the main man of the board about. 

Darren

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »
OK thats no bother, we'll just do the Version B. I'll check the Canbus gateway spec. He's happy to change it as required.

I must admit, the bricking is an issue. Perhaps I'll just have to wait & see.

Pm me pricing when you've a spare mo, & we'll organise a trip to see you. :happy2:

SteveP will, I'm sure, be able to work his camera wonders :grin:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »
Is there a way to tell without removing the airbag what slipring etc you have?? slightly of topic

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:16 am »
Keith lift the top cover over the steering wheel off and it should be on a stick, most Golf have the C slipring. but some early ones had a D or no prefix.

Darren

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 07:02:40 am »
Can gateway is ancient; so he needs new gateway, and RNS. reverse camera we'll add later. Let me know what you can do & cost please Darren.