Make a donation

Author Topic: please help me as i am new to this modding  (Read 4452 times)

Offline perfect touch valet

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
  • mk 5 golf TDi sport
    • www.perfecttouchvalet.com
    • Email
please help me as i am new to this modding
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:40 am »
hey guys,needing advice on two things if poss,first up is what i need to get cruise control on my mk5 TDi golf sport,bought what seems to check out as the proper part ,being the stock switch,how do i get it up and running???

second thing is since i bought the car a year ago,i hadn't drove it much with having my work van,so when i did start to drive more,i soon noticed i was getting real bad fuel economy,so got it checked out by two indy vw garages,two came back with the veins on my turbo were staying open/jammed,so i proceeded to get a turbo and got one of the garages to fit it,the one with supposedly more experience,anyway its not solved my fuel economy and its driving me spare on what to do to get it sorted,please help???

scott TIA

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: please help me as i am new to this modding
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »
A classic indication of the VNT Vanes sticking on a turbo is that the car will go into limp mode when accelerating hard, perhaps on a slip road joining a motorway or dual carriageway.  Turbo replacement is the standard option however with some TLC they can be cleaned and recovered.  It's caused by a build up of sludge and soot in the housing which will stop the vanes moving correctly.

I've not heard of it being a cause of poor economy to be honest.

Does the engine burn cleanly - is the smoke reasonably colourless, or not blue/black when driving normally or does it emit lots of black smoke??

There are lots of things it could be and a VCDS scan would be a good starting point.

Hopefully your Cruise Control questions were answered in my reply to your PM.

These are the clean vanes on a new turbo -

Dirty vanes -

Scroll down the page and some info on how to clean -

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/394072.aspx
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline perfect touch valet

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
  • mk 5 golf TDi sport
    • www.perfecttouchvalet.com
    • Email
Re: please help me as i am new to this modding
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:28 pm »
bump