Make a donation

Author Topic: Picked up my ED30 on Friday  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Lee Quayle

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Picked up my ED30 on Friday
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »
Hi guys

Just thought I'd let you know that I picked up my ED30 on friday and so far I'm very very pleased. Its a black, 5 door, 2007 with 46k on the clock. I think i grabbed myself a bargain as I picked it up for 12k with 2 year extended service pack and 12 month extended warranty, supaguarded inside and out and in 'as new' condition.

So far its totally standard but my superchips bluefin arrived this morning and planning on a resonated Miltek with induction kit and s3 intercooler to kick things off, and I'm having the Kenwood 7260BT fitted on wednesday.

As I'm a new ED30 owner and have previously owned 2x mk1 GTi's, 2x mk2 GTi's(8 and 16 valvers), Corrado Vr6, mk4 V5(150 and 170bhp) and a mk4 R32, I'm very new also to the world of forced induction so any tips on upgrades etc will be very welcomed.

Before I fit my bluefin I was considering either Revo or Custom Code as the  alternatives - any preferences guys?

Cheers

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Picked up my ED30 on Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:02:21 pm »
Congratulations, get a post up in the new members section and post some pics up.

Did this come from a main dealer? Not bad price..
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Lee Quayle

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:07:04 pm »
Hi Frodo

Many thanks and pics to follow shortly.

I got the car in a private sale but he had purchased the extended warranty and service pack in the hope of keeping the car long term.

Thanks

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 11:05:31 pm »
Hi Lee,
Welcome to the forum and the world of forced induction tuning.
I've had my Ed30 new since March 2007, after nearly 4 years/26k miles of a standard car, got it remapped in December.
I went for Revo myself, but I'm sure all stage one products will give you a tremendous 'boost' to the car. It's fab.

The Ed30's do just love a remap. It's a nice swift car as standard, but mapped it's real potent beast.

It's like running for a bus with a rucksack full of bricks...mapping removes the rucksack and puts trainers on.
Result is you run quicker than the bus..

My only word of warning is the insurance hike up, do your research on that side of things before the map.
Then get a map on and enjoy.

Then it's all sorts of other tuning parts ahead..the only limit is your available funds for mods.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 11:52:53 pm »
Once you start down the modding route, youll never be as pleased as stage 1!
Ed30

Offline Lee Quayle

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:39:30 pm »
Cheers guys

I've spent a little while today talking to the guys down a Celtic Tuning and I'm going to take the ED30 for a drive down to Cornwall on Saturday(any excuse to take it out now) to have a look around their workshop and see them in person.

I'm not wanting to go overboard with the modifications but I feel that a few subtle changes will just release those extra horses the engine has the potential of..........saying that I'll probably get the remap done and, just like Oliver Twist, I'll want more!

Lee

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »
Cheers guys

..........saying that I'll probably get the remap done and, just like Oliver Twist, I'll want more!

Lee

Its inevitable  :signLOL:..trust me... or as the famous Pringles advert goes..... :wink: