Make a donation

Author Topic: Digital camera choice  (Read 5015 times)

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Digital camera choice
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 08:39:10 pm »
M9   :wink:

I <3 my M9. Although it's a bit big for the pocket as Rob says, compared to a 5Dii or equivalent full-frame, it's a fraction of the size and much easier to carry along. Take it with me almost everywhere.

I got a Canon G12 not so long ago and its brilliant, in fact ive been using it more than my 5DII!
[/quot

Heard many good things about the G12, if you come to the March Surrey meet (not scheduled yet but I'm sure there will be one!) would you mind bringing it along?

@OP, I'd go for the Lumix just 'cos of the Leica optics (Vario-Elmar) on it. It's effectively the same camera as the Leica V-Lux 20 with a slightly better sensor. The Sony would've been a good competitor if they'd put a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar on there but from what I can see it's "just" a Sony OEM lens. Plus there's probably nonsense to do with memory stick on there while the Panny will almost certainly use an SD-card.

Wait for the DP-review, er, reviews to come out, but if you need to get something first go for the Lumix.

I luv my GF1, if I get better and have a more cash I would go for the M9 over something like  a 5DMkII simply because of size.

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 09:40:09 pm »
Don't get me wrong, the 5Dii has got many advantages, not least the HD video and the plethora of features, but I tell you what, I get such joy out of using the M9 that if forced to choose between the two I'd go with the M9 every time.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vteadoesjvqk5gas9ulrfs8ic2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:29 pm »
True... the 5DII weighs a ton and is a PITA to carry around, its mega tho!  :signLOL: