Make a donation

Author Topic: bmw 325d or 330d  (Read 9702 times)

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: bmw 325d or 330d
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 09:24:37 am »
Having owned two BMW 325d both from new , I can assure you they are not the same the auto box on the 325d is a different spec so is the engine different injectors and a few other parts , check on real oem part finder you will se there are differences.

The 325d can be mapped up to around 250bhp safely and around 525nm, The 330d  is around 230 stock and 500nm but can be increased to nearly 300bhp and 600nm ,I think from memory evolve and dms   do the maps and have very good reports.  I have a 325d  E92  on my drive with 7k miles on it at present .

Having owned BMWs since 1993 I can say I have never ever had one let me down .

What ever you choose make sure its a six cylinder diesel silky smooth and a very linear power delivery with decent fuel consumption, AVOID 4 cyl diesel it is noisy and little lumpy get a six you wont be dissapointed .

I am now sold on the 6 cylinder, had a 6 cylinder Audi diesel last year which was great.

I dont think I will remap as if I go for a 330d, 230 bhp sounds like plenty to me

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:07 am »
Great car, fantastic engine but a word to the wise, Do your research before buying re options and pre lci update models, watch out if you go for a sat nav model that the maps are up to date. Costs £400 ish to get it brought to current, a total rip off by BMW. Careful of the 19" 225 alloys that are prone to cracking.

Thanks for the advice, sat nav would be nice to have but I wouldn't walk away from a nice car because of no sat nav, xenons are something I have to have though, top of the list.

I am going to look at 2 330d today, both 2006, both m sport, 1 le mans blue and the other black, both have leather, only 3000 mile between them, 56-59000, only 1 has xenons though, 1 with xenons is 11995 and the other is 11250, one is lemans blue other is black

Do them prices sound about right??

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »
Having owned two BMW 325d both from new , I can assure you they are not the same the auto box on the 325d is a different spec so is the engine different injectors and a few other parts , check on real oem part finder you will se there are differences.

The 325d can be mapped up to around 250bhp safely and around 525nm, The 330d  is around 230 stock and 500nm but can be increased to nearly 300bhp and 600nm ,I think from memory evolve and dms   do the maps and have very good reports.  I have a 325d  E92  on my drive with 7k miles on it at present .

Having owned BMWs since 1993 I can say I have never ever had one let me down .

What ever you choose make sure its a six cylinder diesel silky smooth and a very linear power delivery with decent fuel consumption, AVOID 4 cyl diesel it is noisy and little lumpy get a six you wont be dissapointed .

Been looking at the 325d (coupe) too Scooba, even though the 330d is perhaps the obvious choice with the auto box, most people reminding me of that regularly.

That said, it would be a 325d manual coupe on a 07/57/08/58' plate that I've narrowed it down to. This was in the hope that I could squeeze 600 miles from a tank with nearly 50mpg combined, which I'm optimistic I could do with varied driving. I hit the combined 35mpg figure for most of my driving in the GTI (mostly commute stuff) and can comfortably get 350-370miles from a £75 tank too.

Is that a realistic enough expectation from the 325d manual?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »
Well all I can say is wow, the 330d is a really nice car, power by the bucket load, nice smooth auto box, really comfy seats. Car comes with a full BMW history with invoices and old MOT's. Only had a 20 min test drive but found it a great car to be in. The only thing that put me off this car is it looks like its been cleaned with a Brillo pad, paints work seems like its got swirls all over, I pointed this out to the guy in the showroom who said he would get it looked at as I told him that will stop me having any further interest in this car.  Will it have just been cleaned badly to cause the swirl marks all over it??? 
As for inside, it's immaculate, Cream leather seats, had me thinking maybe I should stick to black leather as i do get dirty at work sometimes.

Was going to look at another one, but decided to give it a miss as it was an hour away and weather is supposed to get bad up here later this afternoon.

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »
We mapped another e90 330d today, will post the graph if anyone is interested?

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »
Yes post it please PDT, I wasnt going to get it mapped when I get 1, but would be interested to see what results you can get

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »
Great car, fantastic engine but a word to the wise, Do your research before buying re options and pre lci update models, watch out if you go for a sat nav model that the maps are up to date. Costs £400 ish to get it brought to current, a total rip off by BMW. Careful of the 19" 225 alloys that are prone to cracking.

Can you not get an updated DVD for the Sat Nav? Costs less than £400.
Alex

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 08:08:18 am »

Can you not get an updated DVD for the Sat Nav? Costs less than £400.
Alex

No. The changed the sat nav to a hdd model circa 2009, to update there's a code that's needed and it's dealer fit. Bloody scandal. Complaining to BMW made no difference.

Earlier versions had DVD sat navs I believe update discs are possible.