Make a donation

Author Topic: www.nextdaybrakes.com - Bad customer service - POTN  (Read 7579 times)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
www.nextdaybrakes.com - Bad customer service - POTN
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »
After reading some good experiences from people and there keen pricing I decided to order some front discs from these guys. Having ordered the discs I noticed that you cannot contact them via the telephone.......email ONLY. The 1st bad sign :fighting2:

I received them 3 days later (hardly next day but not too bothered).

On opening the box the rear face of the top disc looked like this:

Notice the chip of metal torn out of the breaking face. This has obviously happened during transit as one disc has hit the other. No big problem to change.....or so I thought.

I immediately rejected the goods via email and waited for a response...........nothing......1 week passed......nothing.

Under the sale of goods act 1979 they are obliged to take back the goods for a replacement or refund. I started by asking for a refund but after 3 weeks of sending them numerous emails and then a notice letter, I decided I just wanted my money back as I had lost all confidence in their ability to supply the goods.

They did eventually reply with a few emails with promises that they did not deliver. :fighting:

I ordered the discs over a month ago now and only through determination, have I managed to get my money back today and the discs sent back  -- I am very lucky I paid with Paypal as they reclaimed the money back for me.

Through some investigation I found that www.nextdaybrakes.com are a sub company of POTN www.potn.co.uk --- notice you cannot contact these people by phone either :fighting:

What was really strange is that I actually had to return the discs back to another company www.universalautomotive.com They are obviously sub contracting the sale of their goods.

I am all for praising good customer service and always leave postive feedback when I get good customer service. Likewise I let people know when I have received bad customer service so they can avoid the bad experience.

I appreciate some have had good service from this company, but in my mind the true colours of a company come through when something goes wrong.

Very poor!

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: www.nextdaybrakes.com - Bad customer service - POTN
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »
Very bad form! How much cheaper were they than OEM ones from VW?

Offline Britishlion

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 13
  • I have an eBay business !
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »
Shocking service mate !

If you still need some go to TPS for cheap OEM parts or if you want none OEM Brakes4u !

I used them for my Mo and their service and communication was brilliant !

:happy2:

While your on the the best GTI forum, get your wife to peruse my.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BRIGHTSPARKS-CONSULTANTS-WEB-STORE

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31:17 pm »
Or Brakes International, if you call them you get a free pisstake, if you tell them you're mates with the "Gay Train Driver" you'll get a good discount.

Lots of companies acting as shop windows for other suppliers, its not helped by the fact that the underlying suppliers are only to keen to sell their own websites for others to brand as their own.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:33:50 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys. They were £68 for the front pair. TPS is very local to me so I will pay them a visit now I have my money back :happy2:

I am glad its not just me who thinks this is so poor.....

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:36 pm »
I'm afraid that this is mostly why I'm happy to pay a little more to buy from more established sellers and those I can easily speak to by phone. Everyone, including myself, likes to spend less of their money but sometimes it costs more!

I'm also not inclined to take another forum member's recommendation unless I already know them quite well and feel I can trust their judgement.

Just the name "nextdaybrakes" is enough to put me off.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 08:03:12 pm »
Would you believe they emailed me to express their displeasure of me reclaiming the payment from Paypal :stupid:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »
Would you believe they emailed me to express their displeasure of me reclaiming the payment from Paypal :stupid:

:stupid: indeed.

Email them back with a link to this thread  :happy2:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:15 pm »
Unbelievable :scared: There are others that have had exactly the same problem  :fighting:.

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71751

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:15 pm »

Cheeky tw@ts.

POTN

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:14 am »
Hello Guys

I know this is an old thread but I have just come across it and wanted to clear up the confusion. we do not run this website in anyway we were the ones that built it but it was for a 3rd party who deal with the day to day sales and service. We only get involved when the website breaks. We at POTN only supply EBC Brakes and we take our customer service seriously!

The site is run by universal which is why you had to send them back there,  I hope they sorted your issue out quickly.

Sorry for opening up an old thread but as you can understand we don't want to be blamed for other peoples mistakes.

Barry
POTN

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:39:23 am »
Your name over the door Barry....

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:16 am »

It's an interesting one. We frequently put our name to e-commerce websites we design and build, even working on a profit share basis for some set ups. As yet we've yet to experience it, but I'd think it deeply unfair if our reputation was tarnished because of the actions of a company we chose to work with, but have no actual involvement with other than to support their design activities.

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:07:15 am »
Iv had problems in the past with Potn. Never use again
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 09:26:49 am »

It's an interesting one. We frequently put our name to e-commerce websites we design and build, even working on a profit share basis for some set ups. As yet we've yet to experience it, but I'd think it deeply unfair if our reputation was tarnished because of the actions of a company we chose to work with, but have no actual involvement with other than to support their design activities.

Your name over the door Andrew