Make a donation

Author Topic: I hate Volkswagen Dealers!  (Read 3012 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
I hate Volkswagen Dealers!
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:32:25 pm »
My car was due an MOT and service so I dropped it in for the whole day to get it done. Its not been driven for months due to a company vehicle, so I am going to flog it. Next thing is they phone me at 4.30pm (I dropped it in at 7.30am) telling me it had failed the MOT and they had not done the service!  :confused:

The car failed on the right side xenon shutter dropping after a few seconds of the full beam being put on (halogens still operate). Anyway thats all ok, I phone back within the ten days and they tell me I will have to pay the whole test fee again because they cannot book me in before the ten days!  :fighting:

They think I am going to £40 to check that the xenon headlamp works, just because they couldn't book me in! Im going into see the service manager to see if he has an ounce of discretion. I HATE VW!!!!

I have no idea why I just wrote that out but it has helped vent my anger with VW yet again.  :grin:

Anyway hello to you all again, its been a while since I was last on here!

Cheers
Ollie :happy2:

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
Re: I hate Volkswagen Dealers!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:45:02 pm »
It always help to vent, we have all been there! :happy2: Now go grab a cold one  :drinking:

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
The last time mine was in at the stealers someone decided to nick the SD card out my RNS510 that had some music on. Prob is I didn't notice for 2 weeks so have no comeback.
Cretinous people!
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:44 pm »
My car was due an MOT and service so I dropped it in for the whole day to get it done. Its not been driven for months due to a company vehicle, so I am going to flog it. Next thing is they phone me at 4.30pm (I dropped it in at 7.30am) telling me it had failed the MOT and they had not done the service!  :confused:

The car failed on the right side xenon shutter dropping after a few seconds of the full beam being put on (halogens still operate). Anyway thats all ok, I phone back within the ten days and they tell me I will have to pay the whole test fee again because they cannot book me in before the ten days!  :fighting:

They think I am going to £40 to check that the xenon headlamp works, just because they couldn't book me in! Im going into see the service manager to see if he has an ounce of discretion. I HATE VW!!!!

That's the service advisors fault for not keeping you up to date! Not VW!
There is no reason why you can't be given a free mot re test....see the service manager and he'll give you one I suspect  :popcornsoda:
I have no idea why I just wrote that out but it has helped vent my anger with VW yet again.  :grin:

Anyway hello to you all again, its been a while since I was last on here!

Cheers
Ollie :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 08:04:21 pm »
Simple answer is to not use them again, you have a choice. There are good dealers out there trust me!  :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 08:14:47 pm »
I wont be... all the dealers I have used have been cack! Where do you go Greeners? I have used Birmingham VW and Ventura Park VW.  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 08:26:37 pm »
Listers VW Stratford-Upon-Avon. Know a lot of the guys there and they are spot on! Markymark and Stealth use them too so they are not adverse to a slightly tuned car!  :wink:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »
Yeah there are some diamonds in the rough, my local is bang on and listen to requests and even tailor services around my mods without question  :smiley:

And they know I'll go thermonuclear if they even think about washing it  :innocent:

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:30 pm »
Listers VW Stratford-Upon-Avon. Know a lot of the guys there and they are spot on! Markymark and Stealth use them too so they are not adverse to a slightly tuned car!  :wink:

I've started using Listers in Stratford too instead of my local and closer dealership who have p*ssed in my pocket and told me it's raining a couple of times so I take my pound notes elsewhere now.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 08:50:16 pm »
When I was trying to buy a car, VW Brum weren't much help. VW solihull bent over backwards to sell me a car (both part of the same group) but when it came to car trouble, Solihull wanted to charge me upfront.

At both nousey and flora's recommendations, I went to Listers Stratford. They helped me out immensely, ordered the part there and then so it arrived before my next visit, and gave me a cracking deal on the Golf R that I still wonder whether I sbould have gone for it.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline telewebby

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

also another vote for listers stratford,  always had good service from them, know a couple of people who work there and at coventry tps

alex

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 12:09:20 am »
I never use VW dealers unless I want to waste their time by test driving cars and then saying 'I'll think about it'.

We should start a new website rating local garages where the customer can rate there dealer and give the dealer a chance to respond. If they know they are being graded then maybe they would sort there act out. Just an idea.

Offline dnLcal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:19:18 am »
I wont be... all the dealers I have used have been cack! Where do you go Greeners? I have used Birmingham VW and Ventura Park VW.  :happy2:
I think ventura park are quite good (not as good as they used to be) but they take forever to do the job!

Went in to get a key coded and they said 20mins... one and a half hours later....
And my step mum got an MOT done there and was waitng for 3+ hours! so when i got my MOT done there decided to give them the day to do it and went home!

Wayside Towcester VW are the only other VW garage ive had expereince with and they where exellent but my mate has had issues with them. Bit out of the way if your around the Tamworth/Birmingham area though.

Cal

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 10:28:54 am »
I'm sure you have seen my vents about my dealers. There rubbish and cause so much stress. VW cust like to hear about these complaints so I would inform them too

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 02:54:34 pm »

Ollie, TL Darby in Burton on Trent are good, Won awards for there customer services. Maybe a bit futher but saves any hassle,