Make a donation

Author Topic: Highline - GT  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Highline - GT
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:53:56 pm »
After some on here made me aware I nearly made a costly mistake....buying a highline dash without thinking!!!!

Forgot about rev counter etc. as a GTi would not work on a GT TDI.

Can you just replace the highline insert? or does the whole lot need replacing? are GT highline likes rock horse poooop to get?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Highline - GT
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:53:09 am »
Why can you not use a GTI in a diesel :surprised:

Darren

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:11:26 am »
Aye. I'm sure JPC stuck a GTI highline in his diseasal!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:22:38 am »
Ive had the R32 in mine for around 2 years now with out problems.

Darren

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
Are the revs numbers.....speedo numbers different on a GTI/R32 to diesel? (Rev range etc.)
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:34:00 am »
The needles will still show the correct movement you just wont have the right marks in place for your redline on a diesel, as long as you bear that in mind you should be fine.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:24:42 pm »
and speedo? will this be the same? 40 will be 40 etc? as I was guessing the GTI R32 would have a highter top end speed, changing the marks slightly on the speedo?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »
Its all electronic so the speed would be the same, I would guess Darren or JPC would be best to answer the speedo question, but I would imagine that the speedo just takes a signal from the ECU and displays the value accordingly rather than taking the final drive times by 'X' ratio to calculate speed as it would have been with cable speedos and revs.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 01:52:48 pm »
Rich is correct, its all done through the speed sensor so its all correct, it still revs to 5-6 red line, and will still show the correct speed.

Every thing is fine I just don't have a coil light but I now use the engine light for that, once its gone out I start the car up.

Darren