Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 GTD or TDI GT  (Read 16708 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Mk6 GTD or TDI GT
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:10 am »

No I don't have a clue, but you are probably going to tell me that they are nearley the same!

My experience of the driving differences between the Ed30 and GTD are purely personal. But when you drive vehicles over the same routes in similar conditions, I think you probably get a pretty accurate comparison of their handling characteristics.

....No, it was a genuine question - I'm curious what the difference in weight might be  :happy2:

I agree - Nothing like direct back-to-back test driving. I have a specific local 50-mile route which I use and which takes in all kinds of roads.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Mk6 GTD or TDI GT
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 01:35:15 pm »
We changed to an Audi A4 Avant 130PD after my Edition 30. My wife does approx 15k per year and it made finacial sense in the current MPG stakes and fuel costs.

The A4 averages 42-46mpg which is superb for a heavy car. My Edition 30 after all of it's mods averaged 29-30 mpg and less the 25 mpg with spirited driving.

It really makes sense on a daily / yearly running comparison.

My fun comes from a well fettled 2 litre 16v Golf with over 200bhp a diff etc etc which gives me much amusement on track.

I've just got rid of a E90 330D....that is a properly quick car with good mpg too....highly recommended.

When things have settled I will venture back into petrol but for long hall stuff you can't beat a TDI.

I'm going looking for an S-Line A6 2008 2.7 or 3.0 tdi with LED's at mo. I've not tried the 2.0 TDI but the A5 also floats my boat although they are still pricey.

Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.