Make a donation

Author Topic: My Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI DPF 170 - Now Shark'd and loving it!  (Read 19430 times)

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hey Guys

Here's some pics of my new golf picked up last Friday, 07 57, 28k - have a very modified MK1 Audi TT that I've owned since new, just turned 9 years old/125k miles this month, so wanted a workhorse to run alongside to do bulk of mileage.

Originally thinking Revo map route but seems not an option on 170 DPF, now thinking more towards PDT or Shark Performance with or without DPF removal pipe and stage 2 DPF off tuning, Neuspeed Power Pulleys either Neuspeed or K & N Induction Kit.

Aesthetics wise, plans - colour coded rear bottom bumper GTI/Edition 30, GT Stainless Kick/Sill Protectors, Arm Rest and maybe some genuine R32 18" alloys when I've worn these tyres out if any are about at the right money.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:52:38 pm by sline »
Daily drive's a Shark'd Golf GT TDI 170 DPF, Weekender's a GTI eating max'd out K04 MK1 TT :-)-

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
Re: My Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI DPF 170
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »
Nice car. Welcome to the forum. I'm also a new entrant. Just picked up my GT TDI at the beginning of May there. Altho it's not as half as nice as yours. Any interior extras with it? Do you have any other plans for mods?

Offline kilner

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:11:47 pm »
nice its just like mine did you get it remaped ? if so who did you get to do it and what power was quoted and did u get it on the dyno ?

thx again

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »

Update, so 7 weeks into ownership and have so far been really pleased with car.

1st mod I purchased was an armrest (although not fitted yet)

2nd mod, really think the MK5 arse is let down with bland rear lower bumper and after looking how much a new Ed30 lower bumper/spoiler cost plus painting, was considering a third party offering I'd seen on ebay. However, l managed to bag myself a complete Ed30 bumper (upper & lower) in Met Black for £160  :smiley: the upper section did have a couple of scrapes on left side but lower was mint just the towing eye missing (bought that from the stealers), so that's going into paint shop next week to get painted and then fitted.

Here's pic of the bumper

3rd mod, weighing up all the tuning options, I deceided to go down the Shark Performance Map + STS (Self Tuning System) route http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/sts.asp) , reading this tipped it for me http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/202993-pd170-stutter-issue-fixed-for-good/

Will do a before and after R/R and post results - just pondering whether to just pop a K & N Filter on or go for more adventurous induction kit - thoughts anyone?
Daily drive's a Shark'd Golf GT TDI 170 DPF, Weekender's a GTI eating max'd out K04 MK1 TT :-)-

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »
welcome to the forum--liking the mods so far :happy2:good to see another sooty owner

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:28 am »
Look what's arrived in the post this morning  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:20:19 pm by sline »

Offline holland15h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:43:31 am »
whats the cost of the sts, would not mind it for my 170

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
whats the cost of the sts, would not mind it for my 170

The STS's are £150, although I managed to get one Free as part of a GB on another Forum when someone dropped out last minute and I took their place :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:54:31 pm by sline »

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:40 pm »
Ed30 lower bumper/spoiler on :smiley:

Bit of a comparison - so much better :-)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:11 am »
looks excellent--needs debadgeing now

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:52 pm »
Look what's arrived in the post this morning  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

he

So, it's was 22nd May when the STS arrived and with Ben under the cosh with the GB & GTI International at the weekend it was last Tues when I was away that the map came through.

Arrived home late last night so it wasn't until tonight I managed to upload the map and take it for a drive.........and to sum it up :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Big difference, great smooth torque'y power delivery throughout the rev range - big :happy2: to Ben & Shark Team

Anyone thinking of getting their DPF 170 mapped I would definately recommend

Will get R/R at some point in the near future, so will update you with results and also with feedback on fuel economy :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:55:01 pm by sline »

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 02:04:14 pm »

In regards to this upgrade,

Do they load the map on that. You then plug the unit in and load the MAP up?
or did they put it on your car. and this unit allows you to adjust or just go to stock or remap?

Thanks

Offline sline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:51:57 pm »

In regards to this upgrade,

Do they load the map on that. You then plug the unit in and load the MAP up?
or did they put it on your car. and this unit allows you to adjust or just go to stock or remap?

Thanks

You have a couple of options,

1. Go and visit Shark and they will map your car at their HQ.

2. Purchase one of their STS units + Map

Once you receive your STS unit, you download your original map, send that to Shark - they then send you a performance map & an immobiliser map

You then use the STS to upload and download the different maps as you wish, benefit being you don't have to travel to Shark, if your cars still under warranty you can revert back to stock map before going to dealer etc.

The unit doesn't allow you to adjust the map settings just upload and download, however it has a neat little feature that allows you to read and clear fault codes on your ECU too.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »
looks excellent--needs debadgeing now

Was going to say exactly the same thing.
Far too many badges on the back there.  :happy2:

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
Re: My Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI DPF 170 - Now Shark'd and loving it!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Being in New Zealand getting a my TDI there would be hard. lol

Hence I asked, So that is a super nice feature. Might have to pay them a visit.