Make a donation

Author Topic: Group buy suggestion...Trackers?  (Read 3819 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Group buy suggestion...Trackers?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 06:55:56 am »
Clifford blackjack system... 300 yds away thats all they will get away then car comes to a halt and all he'll breaks loose .... Sorted  :happy2:

But a ball ache to turn off every time you get in, a better option is something that uses a separate transponder , I.e they can still Nick your keys, get in and drive off but if no transponder is present the car dies down the road, Sempal used to do a card system but not sure if they still do it, Autowatch do a hidden switch which is a compromise I guess.

Offline Madlil

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 08:05:27 am »
I had a Trackstar on my WRX a few years ago cost c£300 - it was an insurance requirement. It detects movement without the engine being started - I once rolled it into the garage and I got a call half an hour later from them saying my car may have been stolen  :grin: one nice feature was that it beeped when approaching speed cameras if you were travelling over the speed limit.

As others have said, I would not buy one unless forced to as I wouldn't want my GTI back if it got nicked......
Driving a Prius whilst waiting for delivery of a new BMW F30.....

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 09:42:47 am »
I had a Trackstar on my WRX a few years ago cost c£300 - it was an insurance requirement. It detects movement without the engine being started - I once rolled it into the garage and I got a call half an hour later from them saying my car may have been stolen  :grin: one nice feature was that it beeped when approaching speed cameras if you were travelling over the speed limit.

As others have said, I would not buy one unless forced to as I wouldn't want my GTI back if it got nicked......

Exactly the same as me mate, RAC Trackstar fitted to the Scooby.  Good system but expensive.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available