Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Rolling Road June 18th  (Read 82939 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=r2k7gnh0vbm8bunt23s5sqnlqm&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: JKM RR June 18th come get your name down in here :)
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2011, 11:43:18 am »

Seems a little odd... last time they were bang on the money as proved by my car making 232bhp

....Yes and no. The atmospherics were apparently very good but this is why I'd like JKM to comment.

Personally I wasn't too surprised about my increase because the car had settled since its 261 previous best.

Pity you weren't there for a direct comparison and to offer sausage meat.

Next time Robin...  :signLOL:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2011, 11:48:05 am »
My car made 3 hp more than it did 2 weeks ago. I put that down to atmospherics and nothing else.

These events always bring out anomalies but that depends if you want to analyse something down to the nth degree or just accept the results at face value and move on. If your car made more then fair enough but if it made less then you probably need it looked at in more detail under better, more controlled conditions.

Speculating about such things will only give you heartburn and sleepless nights.  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2011, 11:52:12 am »
Was really good to meet you all. Even more happy that mine seemed to have the best ko3 figures  :pomppomp: when I get back later I will post up my graph. Want to compare jussa and a few others running 2+ and see how the fuel part compares. As mine seemed quite flat and maybe down to the rs4 fuel valve I have ?
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:00 am »
Well here's mine... Very pleased with it... Thank you APD performance for the Revo Stage 1 map! Good work! :happy2:

Hopefully the next engine mods will continue the line which starts to flatten out at 4500rpm at the same rate towards 5700rpm an circa 340-350bhp  :driver: But that will come in time... she's quick enough for now...

Good to meet some of you guys and put faces to the names!

Will JKM be putting this event up on their website?

Dom
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:58:53 am by E30Dom »
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #454 on: June 19, 2011, 12:08:51 pm »

Will JKM be putting this event up on their website?

....They usually do but it'll probably be a while as they are constantly busy and it takes time to get it all prepared.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2011, 02:07:43 pm »
Speculating about such things will only give you heartburn and sleepless nights.  :smiley: :smiley:
Tell me about it. Remember when I lost 8bhp between two JKM dyno days?  :drool: :stupid:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2011, 02:27:02 pm »
Dom, you need a new scanner  :signLOL:
Guys,  it was great meeting you all yesterday and putting some names to faces  :drinking:
As I said, regardless of number chasing I can't believe that a stage 2+ car can be so behind in figures.
Look even at Robins car being just stage 2, no HPFP or intercooler and getting far better figures (with a toned down Revo map)........can only be down to the watered down map that AMD have given me  :fighting: :fighting:
I just hope that Revo will sort me out at Inters  :party: :party:

I've now posted my stats below  :sad1:

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:33:34 pm by Jussa »
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »
Haha yeah it's only a photo, CBA to fire up the scanner lol... Yeah I think Johns car showed really what's poss at stage 2+! sweet car that and sounds immense! Favourite power car of yesterday, with Carreras my favourite looking car, so subtle and stealthy... Needs to get the boost and settings up'd though ;-)
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: JKM Rolling Road June 18th
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2011, 03:10:07 pm »
And here is my last RR at AMD a few days ago.....  :confused: :confused:

2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2011, 03:11:47 pm »
Whats that phrase about the 'horses have already bolted'  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2011, 03:56:24 pm »
i do find it odd how we have the same mods and find quite big differences in power output. i know we have differences in the manufacturer of the mods but still both very good and well reviewed items. anyways heres my graphs

Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2011, 04:03:17 pm »
oh im with dom on the nicest looking car for me on the day. Carreras was lovely car and i really love the pirelli interior. sweet car. Dom im sure you will be following me with the mods and let me know as and when as will see if i can sort you some good deals like i got on the intercooler. I dont think it will be too long before i start the ko4 upgrade.

As spoke about on the day we all have a limit to how far we will take our tuning. Sadly i have found rubbers very usefull in erasing the line and moving it haha :signLOL: :driver:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2011, 04:14:39 pm »

As spoke about on the day we all have a limit to how far we will take our tuning. Sadly i have found rubbers very usefull in erasing the line and moving it haha :signLOL: :driver:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2011, 04:21:13 pm »
It was good to meet you all on Saturday and finally put names to your faces  :happy2:

Maybe next time I'll bring along the Smoke Wagon  :laugh:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #464 on: June 19, 2011, 05:09:02 pm »
Dom, you need a new scanner  :signLOL:
Guys,  it was great meeting you all yesterday and putting some names to faces  :drinking:
As I said, regardless of number chasing I can't believe that a stage 2+ car can be so behind in figures.
Look even at Robins car being just stage 2, no HPFP or intercooler and getting far better figures (with a toned down Revo map)........can only be down to the watered down map that AMD have given me  :fighting: :fighting:
I just hope that Revo will sort me out at Inters  :party: :party:

Before dismissing the map, have you had a vcds scan for stored engine fault codes? Not all stored fault codes (soft codes) are associated with a dashboard CEL.

Seeing that you have a 55 registration car, do you know if your low pressure fuel sensor on the hpfp has been replaced? Cars of that year had that sensor as an Achilles heel that often needed replacing. VW themselves have an internal recall on that part that would be replaced FOC if found on your car.
The most common symptom with that faulty sensor is a loss of power.
Without traction power is nothing!