Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Rolling Road June 18th  (Read 82985 times)

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
Re: JKM RR June 18th come get your name down in here :)
« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »
Aha, thanks. I actually asked the JKM guys about that, but they said it wasn't anything to worry about  :party:
Thanks for looking for that thread Sy, I may donate you that CAI but you have to fit it instead of that Dyson  :signLOL:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2011, 10:11:43 pm »
AFR????  :confused:

air fuel ratio.  that was the lower curve on your second printout that went all squiggly at the end

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: June 18, 2011, 10:14:27 pm »
Sy, read my reply!!!  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #439 on: June 18, 2011, 10:18:10 pm »
That would make you the second person to give me a pipercross venom.  Its like that unwanted xmas present you always get :grin:

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2011, 01:10:34 am »
of course JKM could have done a mis match of roller speed vs engine speed when setting up (but Jim takes great care setting up the car on the roller before doing the power run so bit unlikely)

The lines look to cross at around 5250 so speed / rpm appears fine.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:59 am »
Carrera... I would say that its the intake holding your car back on the top end.

Saint Steve

« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2011, 07:25:40 am »
there's not much wrong with bluefin on a Ed30, shame either myself or Alex Perkins couldn't make it yesterday, as both our cars at stage 2 arent exactly slow..

Mine ran stage 1 bluefin at 284.6bhp, and still unknown at stage 2, but the bum dyno thinks it's hitting the 300 barrier.

Not sure which car you have jussa? Ko3 or ko4..

As Hedge has said, power is useless without traction, so having Revo isn't always the best map to fork out for.

is it me or did JKM's rollers all run figures about 20bhp above normal readings?

Did someone say the rollers had a problem?

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #443 on: June 19, 2011, 07:55:11 am »
No problems with the rollers??  :booty:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2011, 09:19:14 am »
Carrera... I would say that its the intake holding your car back on the top end.

Thanks guys but looking at other graphs with ED30's at 6-7,000 they make over 260 hp before the limiter cuts in, plus the AFR is not an issue at 297 hp, something not quite right over 5,800 IMO ?

Not sure an air filter will solve, I am awaiting something that is quieter than the ITG's to be honest.

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2011, 10:34:25 am »

is it me or did JKM's rollers all run figures about 20bhp above normal readings?

i asked they said it was fine,if there was something wrong that meant that Jussa stage 2+ was running at 232 then ?

as for the blue fin, the info i got was when it was put on a stock Gti not the ED30
20BHP Gain for £400 notes is not something i wanna pay out.
anyone else on bluefin stage 1 normal GTI ?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2011, 11:18:38 am »

....The first car on the dyno was a completely standard unmodified K03 GTI and that made 217(?) IIRC. I'm not 100% sure but I think that Jim rechecked their dyno setup at that stage. My car was on next and the fact that JKM did an extra 3 runs (to check something else unrelated to this question) did cause everyone, including myself, to wonder what was happening.

At 269 bhp I was up 8 bhp from my previous best of 261 (up 10 bhp if you count the run of 271). My torque was also up to just over 300 ftlb and my curves were as smooth and sweet as ever.

When I got 261 last year it was immediately after installing the Forge Twintake but JKM reduced my Revo Boost to allow for the OEM fuel pump. The last dyno session (at JKM) had peaked at 253 but this was because I needed a new coilpack.

Was everyone's power up from their previous dyno session at JKM (those who weren't first-timers)?

I think I'll ask JKM if they'd like to post an overall comment on the day's results but we don't want to get into one of those never ending someone else's dyno's willy is bigger than yours etc debates!

Going for an aftermarket HPFP and upping my Revo settings would increase my power further, as would also going from Revo2 to 2+, but quite honestly I love the balance of my car as it is even if it's not the fastest and its state of tuning is so far proving to be very reliable (very much as a result of consistently using JKM for tuning and taking their advice). Sometimes when in the company of those tuned Ed30's I think I need more power to keep up but there's no point stretching things - My car is a keeper.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2011, 11:21:45 am »
Seems a little odd... last time they were bang on the money as proved by my car making 232bhp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:27 am »

Seems a little odd... last time they were bang on the money as proved by my car making 232bhp

....Yes and no. The atmospherics were apparently very good but this is why I'd like JKM to comment.

Personally I wasn't too surprised about my increase because the car had settled since its 261 previous best.

Pity you weren't there for a direct comparison and to offer sausage meat.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #449 on: June 19, 2011, 11:35:05 am »
This was my car when last on a dyno dynamics roller in april straight after having the map and exhaust fitted

this is JKMs run yesterday.  bear in mind i have now fitted an induction kit as well

I wouldnt day they are out at all tbh if anything id have expected a few more Hp than 3hp as the forge intake was independantly dyno proven to show around 10hp gain on a standard car.