Make a donation

Author Topic: Puzzling PS3  (Read 712 times)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
Puzzling PS3
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »
Hi guys

My PS3's laser broke the other month so I bought a new one and replaced the part myself.

Since then, it plays games, CDs and 'TV' DVDs, but not Blu Ray films or film DVDs... Now as far as I know, TV DVDs and film DVDs are in the same format, and PS3 games are on Blu Ray... So what the hell is going on?! I just want it to work but there seems no logic to why it won't play certain things...  :sad1:

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Puzzling PS3
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »
The Blu-rays and Movies are proabbly using a different encoding or have some sort of protection that the new laser cant process????  Just a complete guess but for Bluray movies you certianly need hardware that supports the decoding of the protected content.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
Re: Puzzling PS3
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:10:15 pm »
Hmm, thanks for this... It's damn frustrating! But your answer is the only one that has made sense so far   :happy2: