Make a donation

Author Topic: VW - Valeting  (Read 5111 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: VW - Valeting
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 06:19:06 pm »
Absolute Idiots! just because they sell cars they think they know everything about them! i cant tell you how they wind me up sometimes!

Offline SimonBash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 07:39:13 pm »
Agree with JPC here, your car needs a good detail from a pro. Stealer will only make matters worse  :fighting:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 08:44:26 pm »
Agree with JPC here, your car needs a good detail from a pro. Stealer will only make matters worse  :fighting:

I've sent a letter of complaint to CEO of Volkswagen UK and copied the dealer in too. Hopefully the dealers sphinkter will be twitching like a rabbits nose by now! On the other hand they might just have filed it under 'B' for bin?

Offline SimonBash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:59 pm »
Squeeky bum time for VW customer service methinks! :P

Offline barratt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »
Boothy, what is the Wakefield VW garage like for the rest of their services etc? Had my golf a week and I'm contemplating whether or not to carry on using my mates garage for getting stuff sorted out!
MK5 1.9 TDI BXE - AET Turbo's Remap - 140hp/325nm - GTTDI Leathers - GTI Headlights - R32 Rear lights - HEX+CAN VCDS

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 11:14:00 am »
id avoid wakefield like the plague

havnt heard one good review from them personally about the services and the staff

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »
Boothy, what is the Wakefield VW garage like for the rest of their services etc? Had my golf a week and I'm contemplating whether or not to carry on using my mates garage for getting stuff sorted out!

Customer service - nill.
Quality of service - nill.

I'll be using Huddersfield or Barnsley from now on!

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 01:37:17 pm »
Every time i go in for something i say "DO NOT WASH THE CAR" 9out of 10 times they wash it!

Hard to complain about them washing the car!! but i do make the point i said NOT to!

All useless

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »
ive heard barnsley are very very good boothy

Offline barratt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »
Thanks for the warning, think ill stick to letting my friend service my car. I've never known a dealer wash your car whenever it goes in, saying that I've only ever had one previous car and never took it to the dealer ;p
MK5 1.9 TDI BXE - AET Turbo's Remap - 140hp/325nm - GTTDI Leathers - GTI Headlights - R32 Rear lights - HEX+CAN VCDS

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 07:14:57 pm »
Our polo went to a local VW dealer for some work to be done (void bushes) and the paint was gleaming when it went in. When it came out it looked like someone had used a brillo pad and scouring powder on it! Never seen a cars paintwork look so market and dull and all the protection etc had been removed. Im just glad i did not pick it up or it may have been jail time for me. Cost me alot of money to get it corrected, if i had not had a good deal on the work done by the VW dealer that was organised by a friend i would have went mental.

My car is in for a service tomorrow at a different dealer but one from the same group. I just hope they can read as i have put a couple of signs in the car.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:23:28 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.