Make a donation

Author Topic: Pick my CV Gti up at 1 today.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Pick my CV Gti up at 1 today.
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:09 am »
Cant wait. Question though. I have been looking at the re maps and bluefin seems a good one to go for. I only want the stage one and I dont intend to do any further mods, 230-240 bhp is fine for me ...I think .

These guys are near me , any good ?

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/index.htm

Also how does this affect the warranty?

thanks all

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: Pick my CV Gti up at 1 today.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:54 am »
If your dealer is mod friendly you shouldnt have any issues with warranty unless the issue can be directly attributed to the re-map they should honour it.
Check out the Group Buy section for the JKM Bluefin offer! :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:55:58 am »
One question Jamma 'CV' Gti??? is it a Candy White and a typo or do you mean something else?  You will love the car, probably worth driving standard for a month or two that way you will be able to appreciate any difference a re-map makes compared to standard.  How long is your warranty and is it an insurance type or being provided by a VW dealer?  It could make a difference to if its affected or not, but as said it might depend on the garage and what the issue is.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:14 am »
One question Jamma 'CV' Gti??? is it a Candy White and a typo or do you mean something else?  You will love the car, probably worth driving standard for a month or two that way you will be able to appreciate any difference a re-map makes compared to standard.  How long is your warranty and is it an insurance type or being provided by a VW dealer?  It could make a difference to if its affected or not, but as said it might depend on the garage and what the issue is.

Haha yes sorry . I meant CW. Warranty is for a year and I pick up from VW dealer today. I will do what you say drive it for a couple of months. I  can only see shark and blue flame group buys also on site, cant see any blue fin ones !!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:03 am »

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:19 am »
 :rolleye:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:36:30 am »
JKM are very good.  Give Keith a call and he'll talk you through some options.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:16 am »
JKM are very good.  Give Keith a call and he'll talk you through some options.

+1 for JKM, very helpful and full of useful knowledge. A lot of the guys on the forum use them. As Stu said, Keith is a useful man to talk to when it comes to remaps.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »
Ok, it's well past 1 o'clock now and no feedback...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:40 pm »
out driving?  :driver:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 04:25:38 pm »
you wont here a bad word about JKM. 

Given the choice of APR, REVO and bluefin (JKM deal with all 3) and the fact you have the k03 TFSI engine my order of preference would be APR, REVO and then bluefin.

REVO is the most powerful normally, with bluefin the least powerful.  With APR being somewhere in the middle, and with adjustable maps via the cruise control stalk.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »
Bet he's pimping it round Bournemouth... if it's the one I saw at lunch it certainly looked schweet!
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:41:42 pm »
Hey all I am back, I nipped to the petrol station to fill up , just been out for a little cruise, love it. So quiet, smooth, quick, drives perfectly. I had the bits I wanted done, they changed the rear pads too, dsg service, seals fixed , wheels refurbed. They coil pack recal was done too. I even got a new bottle opener lol. I  spoke to a guy there who gave me advice regarding re mapping.

Car is great, havent been out too much, about 20 miles,. I will nip out later as I want to see the dashboard lote up and check those xenons out. I am off to mums tomorrow in Essex and thats 340 miles there and back so will see what sort of fuel economy I get. One thing I notice though, the VW badge at rear has gone all white and needs replacing so I have called Breeze and they are getting me a new one. Other than that its all good. Car is in great nick but those exhaust tips have seen better days, they are all black and gammy.

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 05:54:05 pm »
Cant wait. Question though. I have been looking at the re maps and bluefin seems a good one to go for. I only want the stage one and I dont intend to do any further mods, 230-240 bhp is fine for me ...I think .

These guys are near me , any good ?

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/index.htm

Also how does this affect the warranty?

thanks all

There one of the best mate, speak to keith or Kate, they know there stuff

I would go for the superchip Bluefin,you can re flash it back to your car factory settings
and VW wouldn't know

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »
Can someone tell me what that green icon is on screen, i put it in park and handbrake on and its like a pedal in green. Soon as I touch the break it dissapears but when I let go it comes back ?