Make a donation

Author Topic: just don't understand  (Read 3021 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
just don't understand
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:07 pm »
I booked my car in over a month ago for this Monday for service, mot and cambelt..

Got a call this morning saying they don't have a tensioner..... its been a month and they check NOW!

They rebook me in for the 17th which is the earliest they will get the part, for me to then realise that's no good as my mot runs out on the 14th! so i have to go in on Monday for half the job then again for the rest.

I pointed out that if the belt breaks i will hold them responsible (cover myself)
Also made sure i am not going to be paying twice for their curtsey car which generally has no petrol or washer fluid!! i mean come on!!

Just cannot understand how they can have so long to prepare for a job and still sh*t it up..

small rant over.

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: just don't understand
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »
they make you pay for a courtsy car!  :surprised:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:47:55 pm »
yes! should b cover in the service plan imo! but hay. they are stealers to the letter

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »
Have you tried to source the parts yourself?  If you can get a vag approved kit from somewhere then get them to fit it minus the part cost and look for them to give you a discount for the inconvenience.

Something like this although seems a bit pricey...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/05-11-AUDI-A6-2.0-TFSi-OR-FSi-CAMBELT-KIT-06F198119A_W0QQitemZ320642948679QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=215165495279&rvr_id=215165495279&cguid=8051df5512a0a0aad567b297fdaeed94

slightly cheaper
http://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk/product/Parts_06F198119A

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:51:28 pm by Richn83 »

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »
they have told me there is none in the UK!? do they not change cambelts on our cars? its clearly very rarely done!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:20 pm »
might be better ringing round local dealers seeing if one has one on the shelf or TPS etc.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »
i thought my dealer were bad enough, but ive NEVER been asked to pay for a courtsy car!! thats shocking!  :fighting: :fighting2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »
This is Citygate, if that makes a difference. Maybe the £10 is to cover the insurance..

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:09 pm »
The £10 is insurance for your insurance that covers you for the horrendous excess on the courtesy car policy, so you dont have to pay it but if they decide to claim on the insurance then you are liable for the 1500-2,000 excess.

Thread on the parts and cost http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=;topic=23857.0

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
Cheers, however i just don't have the time to faff around looking for parts they should have got already. really is a piss take!! Every time they screw something up and i bet this isn't it. ill report back Monday and im sure there will be something to report

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »
Thinking about it, no doubt they are going to have a problem with the intake and use that against me.

do they have to take the engine out?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 04:58:49 pm »
They wont have to take the engine out, but they might need to remove the intake, no idea if that will cause an issue as never had one on a car I have had serviced.  I would imagine it will actually be easier for them to remove your intake than the stock cover but thats assuming they get a mechanic to do the work not a VW only trained chimp!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 06:19:59 pm »
That is a but ridiculous, i know they dont stock some parts but they should have got them in in time  :fighting:

i phoned my stealers to book mine in this week, they had no trace of my car on the system - not bad considering they supplied it from new!  :fighting2:

I have to wait 2 weeks to get mine in and theres no courtesy car, handy when theyre half an hours drive away  :confused:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »
ha! thats another reason why i left a month, so id get a car!! you would think they only had 3! they loads!!!!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
i asked for a demo car instead, i was told they cant, so i asked for a test drive instead then, and was told no

if i liked i could buy a coffee from their clix machine and wait all day instead