Make a donation

Author Topic: 4 wheel alignment  (Read 1540 times)

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
4 wheel alignment
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:49:05 pm »
Took my car in today for a 4 wheel alignment before i splash out on some new tyres. The guy there could not do it as the bolts for the adjustment on the rear have seized up within the rubber housing.
Has anyone else had this?
I cant just heat the bolts up as it will destroy the rubber bush, so is it a case of just replacing the bush or will it be the full arm?

Offline drexel75

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: 4 wheel alignment
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:24 am »
Went to get mine done the other day and the exact same thing has happened to mine. Has anyone else had this happen to them.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:18:40 am »
I get loads of mk5 platform cars come in with this problem.  If the customer doesn't want us to fit a new bush and bolt then there is usually just enough movement in the bush to get the settings good enough and equal on both sides.  Not great on the bush but easy on the wallet for the time being.

Happens on all makes and models of cars where you have a steel bolt in an alloy bush.  If they were greased at factory then they would never seize to each other.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:35:37 pm »
This happened to mines too, only way is how is mentioned above. Best the way to solve this uses it replace the complete arm. Sure they come in around £90 each from VW iirc.