Make a donation

Author Topic: New brakes  (Read 1035 times)

GTIStevie

New brakes
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:06 am »
Just thought I'd stick up a quick post as yesterday fitted some new brakes to my GTI I have been contemplating getting R32 upgrade for a while now but decided that all I use the car for the standard GTI setup is enough for me so I got some brembo disc and pads from here (http://www.apbrakediscs.co.uk/?gclid=CK37m-Lxw6cCFUtC4QodRUg8CQ) very good price came in about £112 total Inc delivery.

Anyway set about fitting them yesterday and straight away hit the usual snag with the small bolts that hold in the discs (new discs come with 2new bolts) so a small tip for anyone is to drill approx 3-4mm hole right in the centre of the bolt but not right through then get a T25 torx bit and hammer it into the bolt(this acts like a screw extractor) then using a small socket or vice grips remove the bolt. Very easy to do and hopefully save a lot of time not having to drill the bolt right out.

As for the brakes not bedded in fully yet but so farvthey feel good, plenty of bite and just have to tap the pedal to get a response from them.

Hopefully this will be useful to any one looking for good upgrade for brakes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:36:49 am by GTIStevie »