Make a donation

Author Topic: Leon FR diesel DSG  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
Leon FR diesel DSG
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »
Has anyone got or had one of the above cars? Would the dsg Leon (170bhp) be a worthwhile drive after coming from an Ed30? I'm looking at a 60 plate with all the toys and more over the Ed30.
Cheaper tax and better mpg, no mots and warranty cover for another 2.5yrs. Mileage of 8k pa at mo.
A wise move or not? Thoughts?
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Leon FR diesel DSG
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:50:02 pm »
I would say on the money you will inevitably lose and combined with your smallish annual mileage then not worth it.  :smiley:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »
I dont think I would chop the ED30 for that, if you were doing 30k per annum then yeah its understandable.

ED35 then yeah whenever thats out  :party:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:23 pm »
lovely interior on the leon :sick: :sick:,

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 11:11:57 pm »

Even Stevie Wonder hates it.  :grin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 11:23:59 pm »

Even Stevie Wonder hates it.  :grin:

The Leon Dash is a bit like this Guy

They both have looks only a mother could love :laugh:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 11:55:15 pm »
the facelift dash is slightly better but still not great.  If your only doing 8k a year then the TSI would be a choice too...
I'm looking at a new FR TSI for the Mrs and the saving on the TSI I would have to do 40k before I broke even.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 12:02:31 am »
What about a polo gti 1.4tsi DSG great car and very good mpg aswell as performance or the ibiza cupra, fabia vrs (basically the same car)

I reckon equally as good mpg as the derv
Better performance
Low tax and insurance

Just not quite as big

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 01:14:11 pm »
What about a polo gti 1.4tsi DSG great car and very good mpg aswell as performance or the ibiza cupra, fabia vrs (basically the same car)

I reckon equally as good mpg as the derv
Better performance
Low tax and insurance

Just not quite as big
Good post Rob, thanks. Unfortunately, if i was to change i couldn't lose the Ed30's toys so would want sat nav, cruise, heated seats, arm rest, tints, heated everything etc.
I'll take a look at the above but basically haven't got a dime over and above my Eddy but am looking to reduce RFL and fuel costs.

Re the Leon dash, i had a Leon FR as a company car once. Great car. The dash is not THAT bad. Just not quite as nice as a Golf's.
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3v1hmarc06fd0eppe413sqr2bg&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 01:47:38 pm »
Ill be interested to see what you make off the 170PS DSG coming from the edition 30... as it a move that i can see coming my way later this year!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 03:41:48 pm »
I had a Leon Sport 140 DSG a few years back and in a straight line and on the motorway it was great even managed to wheel spin second gear on occasion if I had need to use sport and accelerate hard, always got great mpg as well.  I once used sport mode all the way between Swindon and Bournemouth along an a road and got good mpg.  It was useless at attacking a round about as the front end washed out very easily, but that wasnt with the full chassis tweaks of a FR model so you may find that better, and the new CR engines and improvements to the dash are a big improvement on the older cars IMHO.

Only thing I would say is that if your thinking of chopping the ED30 in without any cost for the Leon and you arent doing mainy miles then you will probably loose out in the long run as the ED will hold its value a lot better than the Leon even standard GTI's have a significant premium over FR's.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »
Well having done some research, I dont think the Leon FR will be happening. I like the idea of a Polo GTi and also i've specced an Ibiza Cupra up brand new for £17600!. Cant believe that you cannot have built in sat nav on an Ibiza though, grrr.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 04:58:40 pm »

Even Stevie Wonder hates it.  :grin:
.........have to agree,thats what put me off when i looked at one.What is it with those horrible tiny fidley buttons?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 05:07:17 pm »
Well having done some research, I dont think the Leon FR will be happening. I like the idea of a Polo GTi and also i've specced an Ibiza Cupra up brand new for £17600!. Cant believe that you cannot have built in sat nav on an Ibiza though, grrr.

Shocked me as well, or a multi function steering wheel just a sperate switch system by the wheel, but I guess thats why the polo and A1 cost what they do and there has to be some compromise for the saving in money.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »

17600  :surprised: :surprised:

my Fabia vRS which is essentially the same has only cost me £14200 with the optional black alloys, candy white with black roof, heated seats, climate control, reverse parking sensors, cruise control, full size spare and underseat storage boxes.  Plus you can have the built in sat nav on the fabia and it would still be less than the ibiza.  how much did you spec?