Make a donation

Author Topic: Sticky voting poll for car cleaning products  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Thecrawf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Sticky voting poll for car cleaning products
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:06 pm »
We could all vote for the best products as every swears blind the one that they use is the best

Break it down into catgories wax, cleaner, clay, alloy, cleaner etc

Then anyone can look at a glance which has come out best

Thanks
Really do miss the mk5 Perelli rare breed of car
Audi S3 black edition 1 week old went wrong sent back to Audi
RS3 order cancelled bought C63 AMG PPP now sold after a year of expensive trips to kwik fit
New car BMW M135i loaded to the hilt

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Sticky voting poll for car cleaning products
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:39:37 pm »
Rather than a poll, I originally thought of a list. The problem with anything like this is that everyone has their own opinion on what's a good product. eg tyre dressing - some like glossy, some like a matte finish. Everything in detailing is very subjective and so every product could have lots of "yes" and lots of "no".

A list of products used by the forumites would be better as it allows people to see what others are using. Some will be happy with autoglym products, others want boutique range things.

Surely, the best wax is the one that costs £10,000?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:03:12 pm »
Your never going to get a good result asking for which are the best products etc.

What is more important than the product is what's it's being used on, what has been used before it, what is going to be used after it.

You just won't get anywhere as, aswell as what is above people's preference comes into it too.

Piece of string comes to mind

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
^^^Or "ask a hundred people the same question and you'll get a hundred different answers"

As JPC has said, what you use with anothdr product will have a profound effect on the final finish. There are some products that work well together and others that don't.

What you think is the best product will be different to what I might be after etc.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:13:23 pm »
Ultimately most of these products do pretty much the same, and you will achieve the desired effect with 99% of whats out there. The method I use is how easy is the product to use? It could be the best wax on the planet and have cost the earth but I guarantee you if it was a PITA the first time you used it you won't go back!!

Find a product you are happy using and stick with it. Or shell out every five mins for the latest and greatest (according to the fan buoys) products and pi$$ your hard earned down the pan. Your choice!  :happy2:

As for a pole, if you want to start one feel free!  :happy2: