Make a donation

Author Topic: Footrest Removal Problem  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Footrest Removal Problem
« on: March 08, 2011, 02:39:01 pm »
Ok, so at the weekend I tried to remove the footrest to fit an aluminum plate following this guide:

http://www.rforum.co.uk/index.php?;topic=419.0

Sounds easy I thought.

But after spending ages trying to get the Torx T15 screw out (cutting my finger in the process) I gave up :sad1:

It just keeps turning but won't come out, so I can't remove the footrest.

Any ideas?
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Footrest Removal Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
i did a guide too: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2972.240.html

if it just keeps turning you need to get something in behind it and gentle apply pressure outwards (towards you) which will force the plastic screw to 'bite'  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 04:20:20 pm »
i did a guide too: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2972.240.html

if it just keeps turning you need to get something in behind it and gentle apply pressure outwards (towards you) which will force the plastic screw to 'bite'  :happy2:

Would somthing like a credit card do the job? Is there space to get that behind there?
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:42 pm »
a credit card might do the job, could be a tad flimsy though but youre getting the idea, even a thin screwdriver to act as a lever would do it - its more about pressure on getting the plastic toward you so the screw will 'bite'

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »
Ok thanks VC.

Will give it another go at the weekend if I get the chance.