Make a donation

Author Topic: eBay/courier help  (Read 1034 times)

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
eBay/courier help
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
Hi folks,

Just wondering what to do in this scenario;

Bought a front wing off eBay described as brand new and unused.

Purchased via paypal and arranged my own courier to collect (TNT)

Signed for it and didn't notice any obvious damage

Took wing to bodyshop to be painted but, wing has a crease in it and will need repaired

What action should I take? I emailed the seller and he basicly said claim from the courier there's nothing he can do. How simple is it to make a claim? It's only worth £45 and it was insured to £50 so should be able to claim (i hope).

Should I make a claim or leave it as one of lifes lessons

Cheers!

Ps I f@@@ing hate eBay  :fighting:

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: eBay/courier help
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:49:58 pm »
You should try claiming but when you signed for it most of that is to sign off the courier companies obligation against damage, it probably said item arrived in expected condition.  So you might have signed yourself out of compensation.  :sad1:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »
You should try claiming but when you signed for it most of that is to sign off the courier companies obligation against damage, it probably said item arrived in expected condition.  So you might have signed yourself out of compensation.  :sad1:

^^^ this

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 05:17:46 pm »
to be honest if it was creased in shipment, then the packaging wasn't good enough, in such case id go back to the seller... i have been surprisingly lucky with sellers and not had a problem yet, sent things back, got refunds, even odd freebie.

Id email the seller.

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Ifti

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 05:20:41 pm »
I would also contact the seller and state it wasnt packaged well enough.
Whenever you sign for an item you should always sign 'unchecked' - since this way you can still make a claim.

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:41:18 am »
Thanks for the input guys, I'll attempt to claim off TNT and if not I'll just use the wing as a sledge for winter :laugh:  :signLOL: