Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluefin Remaps - Do they 'learn' or settle down???  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Bluefin Remaps - Do they 'learn' or settle down???
« on: March 08, 2009, 04:22:32 pm »

Have done a few hundred miles now since installing the SC map on my manual Ed30 and something has changed. When I first uploaded it the 'spooling' effect when the turbo came on song was incredibly noticeable. I had never noticed the turbo coming in with the stock map... the power delivery just seemed completely linear. Now the remap feels the same - I don't feel the 'turbo effect'. This is so noticeable that initially I thought that the turbo wasn't doing its thing, and worried something had gone wrong (DV perhaps?) but in fact the extra power is still there (I think... certainly it's still much stronger than standard, but without the 'kick' it's hard to tell if all the original extra power is there) it's just being delivered differently.

Is this normal? Does the remap change over the first few hundred miles, or should I get this looked into?

Thanks,,,
Keep The Faith
GTI Edition 30 No. 0687 - Candy White - 5 Door - Lux Pack 1 - Park Sensors - ITG Filter - Bluefin - ECD Insert - Cruise Control
Previously: Mk1 Golf - Mk1 Jetta - Mk1 Polo Coupe - Mk2 Jetta - Mk3 Golf - Mk4 Passat - Mk1 Polo - Bora - Audi A4 / A6 / A8 - Mk3 Polo - Mk4 Golf

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Bluefin Remaps - Do they 'learn' or settle down???
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:26:12 pm »
the car does learn how you drive, but are you sure your just not getting used to it also ?

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:29:17 pm »
Thanks, but no... it's definitely different.
Keep The Faith
GTI Edition 30 No. 0687 - Candy White - 5 Door - Lux Pack 1 - Park Sensors - ITG Filter - Bluefin - ECD Insert - Cruise Control
Previously: Mk1 Golf - Mk1 Jetta - Mk1 Polo Coupe - Mk2 Jetta - Mk3 Golf - Mk4 Passat - Mk1 Polo - Bora - Audi A4 / A6 / A8 - Mk3 Polo - Mk4 Golf

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:08:56 pm »
get someone to vag com it ?? , without trying yours it's hard to tell you, bit mine sounds like yours is now, so I think it's ok, try removing the map and try it without
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:10:38 pm by 182_blue »

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:46:52 pm »
i was wondering with mine, they remap it then put it on the rollers... but surely the ecu will do some learning and need to settle in...

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »
I dont wish to sound rude chaps, but its probably going to anyway, But if you look up a few inches there is a sticky thread for re- map questions. Could you guys try and post in this so we can read all relevant info in one place.  :smiley:

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 07:41:48 pm »
Sorry... I'm obviously a dunderhead... I did try to start the new thread in the right place but the 'new topic' option wasn't available.

My apologies.
Keep The Faith

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »
No probs Shaun  :happy2:  all you have to do is press reply, and if you wanted to be really helpful you could put at the start of your post. This is a new question  its not perfect but after a while most questions will be answered for you before you have to post.  :drinking:

Offline Shaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 07:58:34 pm »
Thanks. I'll remember that in future.
Keep The Faith