Make a donation

Author Topic: location found for passenger footwell knocking.  (Read 1810 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
location found for passenger footwell knocking.
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:10:12 pm »
Ive seen a few posts of people complaining of a funny knocking noise in the passenger footwell. i also have been suffering with that annoying problem so went in search of the culprit. Traced it to a little controller behind the glovebox with a part number of 1k2.907.511c. called vw and its a temperature regulator sensor. £89.75 inc vat. easy test to check if its that is pull the plug which is just accessable from under the glove box if you remove the foam cover. Its right next to the centre section. just follow the knocking :signLOL:.

Sorted mine out, hope that helps  :smiley:
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: location found for passenger footwell knocking.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:12 pm »
So wait....did you replace the sensor or do something else to stop the knocking. Not quite clear from your post.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: location found for passenger footwell knocking.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:29:20 pm »
sorry for that was rushing as had to get back to work. I have replaced the sensor and mine has stopped knocking. Apparently the guy at vw said when they start to go the solenoid type part inside shudders and causes that funny knocking noise. not saying it will solve everyones problem but mines fine now  :P
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come