Make a donation

Author Topic: Two Sets of Huffs on Ebay  (Read 3455 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Two Sets of Huffs on Ebay
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:22 am »
Do these belong to anybody on here ?.I messaged the guy who is starting his auction at £450 he said his reserve is £900 , The other guy  is selling on behalf of his mate and i have asked how much to BIN .

I am thinking of selling a set of my Pescaras and getting these for a change .I dont know what to do for the best, The set of Pescaras on the car are in need off some tlc but have Michelin pilot sport 2s with 7mm + all round tyres having covered less than 2,000 miles.To buy a set of replacement tyres is £500 plus do I sell the Pescaras as they are or without tyres and sell the tyres on there own . I am thinking £75 each and the rims £400 for the set so id get £700 or do I refurbish them and sell them for £900 that is a lot off money for set off ED30  wheels but in  line with what is being asked on Ebay ?.

Or do i get vey brave and have the Pescaras painted  a different colour ,Suggestions please.

I have a set off refurbished Pescaras with brand new PS3 waiting to be fitted in my garage.I thought as soon as the weather improved id get them on .

Any advice welcome and suggestions for the Pescara colours , not black if i go with black wheels it will be huffs.what has been tried before ,My ED30 is RED 3dr ,what would work best .

Thanks as always

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:23:17 am by scooba »

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
Re: Two Sets of Huffs on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:52:09 am »
tried and tested.

Im looking for Black Pescys now...
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:32:54 am »
If you get the set on the bay with no tyres why don't you take the near new tyres off your pescaras and put on th huffs, it doesn't make sense to sell one set to buy another.

Plus I'd sell the pescaras as they are give the buyer more freedom to get the colour they want done as well as the fact that they'd be cheaper and possibly attract more buyers.

Lastly can't believe my luck (or lack of) I have been looking for a set of these since last Oct and only just give up the hunt and bought a set of Monza 2 finsihed in dark gunmetal then all of a sudden 2 come along at the same time  :fighting:
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline ruffrydaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:08:52 am »
Parks or robgti are you sellin your monzas.
Im looking for some black genuine monzas at the moment

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:25 am »
anyone have the item number for these?  been after a set so wouldnt mind watching these, not wanting to steal anyones thunder tho :happy2:

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:34:02 am »
found them, too far for me to collect tho!

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:35:29 am »
Afraid not, I'll be keeping these a while.

Mine are monza IIs refurbed black. Courtesy of red-snake.
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 03:51:43 pm »
Parks or robgti are you sellin your monzas.
Im looking for some black genuine monzas at the moment

No sorry - I haven't even got them on the car yet!!
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 05:08:16 pm »
The guy selling the second set mailed me he has a offer off £450 . he wants them gone tomorrow if anyone wants them he is a gent and said even though he has accepted a offer off £450 if anyone offers more they can have them cash on collection .

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »
i would of had them, but they are absolutly miles away from me :sad1:

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »
whats the best way to know they are genuine wheels, im going to be looking at them in a couple of hours? Should there be a vw logo? But what if they were just monzas refurbed in black, is there a way to tell?

help please  :scared:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 10:02:14 pm »
The Huffs have a small lip thats silver at the outer edge dont they? Whereas powdercoated Monza 2s wont have this?? Someone on here will know the part number for the OEM Huffs I'm sure....
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 06:15:55 am »
whats the best way to know they are genuine wheels, im going to be looking at them in a couple of hours? Should there be a vw logo? But what if they were just monzas refurbed in black, is there a way to tell?

help please  :scared:
A bit late now if you were viewing them on Friday, but here goes anyway:

As above, genuine ones have a polished lip, the black paint is very matt and has no shine (you can polish the face of the wheel to give it a slight sheen, but it is a very dull paint finish).
I was a bit surprised with the paint finish on my wheels. The face was good, plenty of paint, nice and even coat but the rears of the wheels weren't fully painted, the further away from the face of the wheel you got the thinner the black until you could see bits of undercoat toward the inner rim. My wheels were bought brand new from a VW dealer and so I knew they were 100% original, I'd have had doubts about whether they'd had a re-paint otherwise.
Apart from their rarity they gain nothing over a set of black painted Monzas. I wonder whether the lip will survive the usual whiteworm after a couple of years general use.
They definately look best on red or white cars.

Andy
7R

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:06 am »
I cancelled and didnt go view them in the end. There still on ebay as far as i know. I got cold feet  :signLOL: Something didnt feel right about the deal. I mailed him and he said that someone was coming up from Southampton tomorrow morning (today) to look at them and offered £450. If an offer of more than £450 was made before today then he would except and cancel the other guy from making the trip. I told him i was simply going to check if there genuine and mint before obviously making a final decision etc etc. Yet when i cancelled the viewing last night he replied your joking ive just told the other bloke not to bother coming tomorrow (today)  :surprised: lol i never committed to the deal until i looked at them so why did he cancel the other guy?

They were also relisted on ebay because the person who bought them first didnt think they were genuine and sent them back, however the seller said the other guy was just trying to knock money off. It could be the light but they also look very shiny on the ebay photos compared to others ive seen on ebay. Though the pictures were taking at night.

After a big think i didnt bother, ive probably missed out on a bargain but hey ho ive still got my pescaras anyway  :wink:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 10:44:08 am »
I cancelled and didnt go view them in the end. There still on ebay as far as i know. I got cold feet  :signLOL: Something didnt feel right about the deal. I mailed him and he said that someone was coming up from Southampton tomorrow morning (today) to look at them and offered £450. If an offer of more than £450 was made before today then he would except and cancel the other guy from making the trip. I told him i was simply going to check if there genuine and mint before obviously making a final decision etc etc. Yet when i cancelled the viewing last night he replied your joking ive just told the other bloke not to bother coming tomorrow (today)  :surprised: lol i never committed to the deal until i looked at them so why did he cancel the other guy?

They were also relisted on ebay because the person who bought them first didnt think they were genuine and sent them back, however the seller said the other guy was just trying to knock money off. It could be the light but they also look very shiny on the ebay photos compared to others ive seen on ebay. Though the pictures were taking at night.

After a big think i didnt bother, ive probably missed out on a bargain but hey ho ive still got my pescaras anyway  :wink:

The seller is quality he sets up a deal then trys to get someone to gazump  the buyer, He told me the exact same thing piece of $hit i hate ebay as thats how most off them seam to behave, My eldest bought some tyres a few weeks ago and agreed the deal , he had to go to oxford to collect the tyres but the lad gave us all the details bar the house number and I searched there was 70  with that post code , Anyway on the morning he text saying he required another £80 ,That was fine because the tyres were Bridgestone RFT for his BMW and were  £228 each for the rears and £192 each the fronts .All brand new £280 makes me wonder were they came from .

[ebay][/ebay] is quite special at times . I thought the wheels were a bit unusual or Scarce to be on there and someone desperate to close a deal Today .You proberbly did the right thing not bothering