Make a donation

Author Topic: Japan Quake  (Read 9762 times)

h4rdy

Re: Japan Quake
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »
Really shocking I feel for the people of Japan, and anybody this event or any other affects.

Its not human life but the show of power when hundreds of cars and lorries all being washed away, I guess, from a car storage depot was shocking.

Houses etc etc.

I think the Nuclear Power Station is under control now.

I read or heard that at one point the Tsunami was travelling at 500mph! Yes 500mph a 10 metre wave!

Very sad for the loss of life :sad1:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
500mph at the epicentre, but the energy dissipates over distance. 

You can see in the vids that its no where near 500mph as it approaches the shore, but with that mass of water hitting the town, at say 50-100mph its catastrophic anyway

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:49 pm »
Its just got a whole lot worse over there, just watching the 10 oclock news and they reckon Radiation is getting out from the reactor they couldn't cool.  :chicken:  :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:19:51 pm »
just saw that on ITV .  the radiation wasnt leaking, it was actually vented off on purpose  from what i gather :surprised.  The cooling system went down so they had to vent off steam, that potentially had radiation.  Thats bad, however the alternative is a melt down which really would be bad considering the situation there at the moment

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 11:48:56 pm »
Note on this, particularly the section in bold:

Most of his predictions are cryptic and its the way they are interpreted that results in all these wild predictions.  However he did say that natural disasters would increase though 2010, 2011 and there would be an uprising in the middle east in 2011 in the countries surrounding Mesopotamia (iraq)

The mayan calender ends in 2012, where once every 25800 years  the planets and sun of our solar systems align with the centre of the milky way galaxy i believe.  Its the 'winter Solstice day' on 21st Dec 2012.  

Alot of people believe there will be cataclysmic events at this point.  This is because the moon will at its closest point to the earth whilst the gravitational effects of the sun and milky way will be at their peak.

People and many scientists believe the moons gravitational pull is responsible for earth quakes etc due to its gravitational pull.  For instance at the moment the moon is extremely close to the earth compared to normal. with today being its closest for a very long time, and we have just had this huge earth quake and tsunami.

Statisticians have found that when the moons orbit is inclined around the southern hemisphere there are more frequent earth quakes than when the moon is orbiting the northern hemisphere, and vice versa.

However you cant ignore the fact that Japan is also on the edge of 3 Teutonic plates (the Eurasian, Pacific and Philippine plates) and that geological shifts in the earths crusts cause earth quakes, volcanoes etc.

I'm a geek and love all this stuff :ashamed:

i don't really believe anything.  ultimately the Mayan Calender begins and ends at the alignment of the galaxy, so whilst it may end in 2012, people are speculating but have no idea what will happen.  Ultimately the Mayan Calender just restarts at  day 1,1year

From Dr James Garvin, chief scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center:
"the combination of the moon being at its closest to Earth in its orbit, and being in its 'full moon' configuration (relative to the Earth and sun), should not affect the internal energy balance of the Earth since there are lunar tides every day. The Earth has stored a tremendous amount of internal energy within its thin outer shell or crust, and the small differences in the tidal forces exerted by the moon (and sun) are not enough to fundamentally overcome the much larger forces within the planet due to convection (and other aspects of the internal energy balance that drives plate tectonics)."

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/moonmars/features/supermoon.html

I realise you qualify the statement with your lack of belief, but please, let's spread as little misinformation around as possible.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 01:28:53 am »
behave.  I was merely pointing out why alot of theorists believe this is all linked to the mayan calender and also explaining where some people believe it correlates with nostradamus's predictions etc.  I for one dont think its anything todo with the mayan calender.  and in fact its believe its more related to the geological location of japan.

Its something i find interesting, especially both sides of the argument. 

Next time ill make sure i ask for your permission first :indifferent:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:33:48 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 01:30:59 am »
check this out for a picture though, never een a whirl pool that size before

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 08:29:08 am »
really horrible what is happening in Japan.Heard on the nnews this morning they thing one of the reactors has blown up :surprised:

h4rdy

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 09:28:06 am »
really horrible what is happening in Japan.Heard on the nnews this morning they thing one of the reactors has blown up :surprised:

Just watching it now, quite scary, not for us not being selfish just scary for the Japanese.

Good to see the people, emergency services all coming together and getting on with it to help and help themselves.

Time to grieve in the future.

One of my dreams was/is to go to Japan I think it will be now one of my number ones to achieve before I die!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 09:56:17 am »

Good to see the people, emergency services all coming together and getting on with it to help and help themselves.

Time to grieve in the future.

One of my dreams was/is to go to Japan I think it will be now one of my number ones to achieve before I die!

....The Japanese people are usually very organised in most of what they do and so I'm sure this will help.

My music co-producer and close friend Steve is due to tour Japan in the summer - His wife is extremely concerned about him going and I don't think it's about screaming Japanese teenage girl fans! My daughter studied Japanese at school and at one time thought of going out there. Wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not sure I want to watch the news and all the carnage.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:14 am »
Cryptic !!, have you ever read what he has written yourself?, or other peoples wild translations of his ramblings ?, most things that he supposedly predicted are a bit like reading Russel grants Stars and making them fit in with whatever you want and most of if not all of it being utter rubbish  :laugh: :P

just as nostradamus predicted.  

Really ?, though he went on about a comet in 2012 ?

Most of his predictions are cryptic and its the way they are interpreted that results in all these wild predictions.  However he did say that natural disasters would increase though 2010, 2011 and there would be an uprising in the middle east in 2011 in the countries surrounding Mesopotamia (iraq)

The mayan calender ends in 2012, where once every 25800 years  the planets and sun of our solar systems align with the centre of the milky way galaxy i believe.  Its the 'winter Solstice day' on 21st Dec 2012.  

Alot of people believe there will be cataclysmic events at this point.  This is because the moon will at its closest point to the earth whilst the gravitational effects of the sun and milky way will be at their peak.

People and many scientists believe the moons gravitational pull is responsible for earth quakes etc due to its gravitational pull.  For instance at the moment the moon is extremely close to the earth compared to normal. with today being its closest for a very long time, and we have just had this huge earth quake and tsunami.

Statisticians have found that when the moons orbit is inclined around the southern hemisphere there are more frequent earth quakes than when the moon is orbiting the northern hemisphere, and vice versa.

However you cant ignore the fact that Japan is also on the edge of 3 Teutonic plates (the Eurasian, Pacific and Philippine plates) and that geological shifts in the earths crusts cause earth quakes, volcanoes etc.

I'm a geek and love all this stuff :ashamed:

i don't really believe anything.  ultimately the Mayan Calender begins and ends at the alignment of the galaxy, so whilst it may end in 2012, people are speculating but have no idea what will happen.  Ultimately the Mayan Calender just restarts at  day 1,1year

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 11:09:12 am »
year cryptic is an understatement :grin:

more tsunami warnings issued by japan today   :surprised:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:55:51 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 11:28:24 am »
Anyway on a serious note I hope that casualties are kept to a minimum and people over there are as safe as possible.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
No offence intended Sy...

check this out for a picture though, never een a whirl pool that size before

That whirlpool was rather scary.

More scary is the explosion at the nuclear plant. Doesn't seem like the containment is breached at this time and that it was a hydrogen explosion of some kind; I guess the water pipes for the coolant have been damaged severely as apparently they're looking at pumping sea water through the reactor in question (number 1) to cool it. That's quite a desperate measure though.

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2011, 08:01:25 pm »
I've got relatives in Japan and thankfully they're all safe if not a little rattled.  This is a disaster of epic proportions that even the well drilled and organised Japanese will need a lot of help sorting out.   Some of the footage especially the tsunami and the explosions are terrifying.