Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheels spacers, should i??  (Read 5373 times)

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
Wheels spacers, should i??
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:50:26 pm »
This post isnt new i know, just wanted feedback those guys who have had wheel spacers on for while now, any problems?? i have recently refurbed pescaras alloys in anthacite, thay look the part one thing missing is could do with beefing up the rears thay almost get lost in the arches, i want get some h&r spacers 10mm should do the trick, having lowered the car and had it lined up perfect will this effect the handling?? will i need to have tracking done again? and how much should i pay to get set??  feedback would be great  :happy2:
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510

Offline Five Alive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Wheels spacers, should i??
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
i haven't got any on my golf but i have used spacers on my other cars and never had any issues, i ran 20mm h + r ones, make sure you get hub centric ones you will also need longer wheel bolts, and on the subject of how much to spend i would recommend spending as much as possible in my opinion its not something to scrimp on really in my opinion, the h + r ones were excellent quality but they are expensive,

it is amazing though how such a small mod can make such a difference in looks,

only my opinion though

Offline P4ulo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:29:31 pm »
Don't get the sh1te universal fit ones with the big slots for nut holes on them,
they are a pain in the arse to fit and are totally rubbish.
The hubcentric ones are good, DO IT!

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:23:10 am »
I've got 10mm H&Rs for the back of my Golf for when it's on standard wheels.

They make a huge difference to the look of the car (well, at least to a Golf anorak they do, nobody else would notice!!!) and are well worth the bother.
They don't make the car drive any differently in normal driving at least.

Go for it  :happy2:

Oh, and as above, stick to the quality brands, I've known a few people fit cheap spacers with expensive results.....
Andy
7R

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:40:41 am »
There used to be a guy on here 'the wheel man' that used to supply spacers.

I (albeit off another member) and many others purchased from him and they are top quality and much cheaper than H+R's.

Not sure if he's still on here though??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:07:42 am »
This was actually a question i was looking to get an answer too.

I heard if you put them on the back, your get more understeer.
On the front you get oversteer/touchy back

Something like that anyway.... Going from the above comments that doesnt seem the case?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »
Maybe at high speed you'll see added under/oversteer, not excessive unless you go super-wide track.
With 10mm it's not too obvious, the only thing I thought I noticed which may be my imagination was that the steering felt a bit sharper running spacers on the rear. Was the same with my old Ibiza TDI.
Andy
7R

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »
I personally was thinking of putting on the rear only.
Trying to find the H&R ones with the hubcentric..

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-manranges.asp?code=34

I though H+R only did hubcentric spacers??
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-manranges.asp?code=34

I though H+R only did hubcentric spacers??

on their 10mm it says
Product Code :    HR-1055571
Quick Code :    5FD51
Details :    2 x 5mm spacers for one axle, total track widening 10mm. Not hubcentric. PCD=112mm. 5 Bolt fixing. 5mm longer wheel bolts are recommended. Sorry, we are unable to supply longer bolts at this time.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 12:52:57 pm »
I stand corrected, although they are only 10mm across the axle.

The 20mm (10mm each wheel) are hubcentric. These are more commonly used on the standard VW fitment of 50-51 et.

All depends what stance your after.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 01:02:05 pm »
Well spotted, missed the 5mm each side!
Yes, u r correct, 10mm are hubcentric, they have no longer bolts! doh.
REAR: 2055571A

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 01:04:53 pm »
 :signLOL:

I've got 10mm on the rear of mine with OEM wheels with a et51 looks much better IMO  :happy2:

Got my 40mm bolts off fleabay.

Sort of get the idea but not the best picture.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:09:36 pm by apollo13 »

Offline GOLDENBOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 04:28:20 pm »
Thanks for feedback guys i think may give the h&r 10mm spacers ago, would i need tracking adjusted does anybody know or wouldnt 10mm make a difference??
Candy white edition 30 / Revo stage 1 / Itg maxogen / xenons/ R32 brakes front/rear/ H&r springs / cruise/ open fogs/ Rns-510