Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone Live Near Edinburgh Airport  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Hendo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Anyone Live Near Edinburgh Airport
« on: March 13, 2011, 02:20:44 pm »
I'm flying to Spain a few times in April just wanted to know if anyone knew if there was anywhere near the airport to park the car safely or is the airport parking the best place to leave it?

Cheers

Rich

Offline crafto

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Anyone Live Near Edinburgh Airport
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:34:14 pm »
Left the car at the on-site airport parking a few times recently and although it is a bit more expensive it is very handy and seems to be good and safe.

Offline Hendo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »
Were going for 3 days and its nearly £30!!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:34 pm »
I paid that for a week in January whilst going skiing. Find an end bay in the far corner of the long stay car park. She'll be ok.

Offline gti_jim

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:09:16 pm »
I can't see anywhere that's doing 1 weeks parking for under £31.99 in April. That's steep.

Cheapest option: Park somewhere like Campbell Road, a nice residential street just outside the parking zones so it's free. Then catch the 100 bus to the airport from opposite Roseburn Terrace (also free, but v. close to Murrayfield stadium and questionnable at night if you chose to park there). It will be about 15-20 mins on the bus from there and £6 return.

http://www.flybybus.com/departures.html

Definitely not got the safety/convenience factor of the airport parking, but there's nowhere near the airport to securely park on the cheap. If you're parking 3 times in April, that's about £100 - I pay that for a 1 year street parking permit in Edinburgh.

If you do lean towards the airport parking, I'd recommend http://www.secureairparks.com/. It's a 2 min bus ride from the airport, cheapest place will be about 10-15 mins which defeats the purpose. I've used them myself, too.

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 10:52:29 pm »
I live 2 miles away, theres one that is in newbridge next to airport, its a mess and cars look like they are abandoned all parked very close I would be concerned about leaving mines there.