Make a donation

Author Topic: Blueflame dba  (Read 1539 times)

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Blueflame dba
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:12:42 am »
Does anybody know of the top of their heads what the dba reading is on our cars. Mine is a tb decat

Thanks
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Blueflame dba
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:27:54 pm »
well its over what the track day allowance was so if your thinking about a track day then maybe sort out getting the standard back box up back on!!!! had to short shift everywhere to bring the noise back down.
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:34:38 pm »
Did they tell you what the reading was?

Mine was recently measured at 96Db, Blueflame TBE with 100 Cell Cat.

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:14:37 pm »
Well it had to be below 98 at 4500rpm at close range then 89 at 40 meters away as a drive by. I set the dba readers off in the woods ha. But I asked when I came back in after being black flagged for noise the first session and then the second outing i was short shifting and that brought it down to 77 so I was allowed to stay out.
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 08:23:38 pm »
Well it had to be below 98 at 4500rpm at close range then 89 at 40 meters away as a drive by. I set the dba readers off in the woods ha. But I asked when I came back in after being black flagged for noise the first session and then the second outing i was short shifting and that brought it down to 77 so I was allowed to stay out.

Ah, so you passed the static test ok then?

:signLOL: setting the driveby meters.

Most importantly, did you enjoy it? You need new tyres now? Elvington isn't too kind on tyres.

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 08:46:40 pm »
Was brilliant!!!!! It was Really wet but i couldnt believe how much grip was still available. Tyres were fine untill a dry line appreaed then it soon got rid of some rubber ha was worth it. I'd say apart from a Arial atom I was one of the quickist there. I was so shocked how many fully track prepared cars I was passing fairly easy. Like mx5 scooby doos lotus exige vx220 turbos mr 2 turbos kit cars. now if it had being dry it might have being a different story but the fact my car is standard suspension brakes drivetrain but stage 2+ I couldn't believe it. It's such a good place to go as you can go far beyond the point of control to see what happens and know full well your not going to hit anything.

I was expecting my car to be a bag of poo from what people have said about them as a standard car on track but the brakes took a right hammering all day. They smelt abit but no fade or warping so I don't know what all the fuss is about they certainly do the job.
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:05 pm »
Glad you liked it, I did a Track Day their years ago but in someone elses car, the tyres were shot after a day on the surface their  :signLOL: