Make a donation

Author Topic: Baked Beans and Gravy?  (Read 8450 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Baked Beans and Gravy?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 09:12:12 pm »
I wouldn't choose it, but I'd give it a go.

Now, fish chips and gravy! Nom!

Do you put the gravy on the fish??  :party:

Yup. I'd only get it from a really good chippy though, with good gravy. Or make it yourself.

Chinese curry is lovely too.
Sideways yo!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:45:46 pm »
Don't like cheese or beans lol (suspect im missing out more with the cheese)

But then if we say spaghetti, then yeah gravy is allowed so in theory, if I liked beans i'd have gravy with them... So good choice!

I think it was a good variation, you need to speak to Heston Blumenthal and see if you can get him to make a meal of beans and gravy...(but then he'd probably add something like a bird foot or something to it!)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »
Gravy and beans is fine!

.........i like it. :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »
desert before main course!! people should start doing this!  :drool:

Went out for a meal with some friends the other week and had a banna split for starters!!  :signLOL:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 04:23:16 pm »
had a banna split for starters!!  :signLOL:
Are you sure it wasn't the other way around and you got split by a banana?  :grin:  :P

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

h4rdy

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 04:31:36 pm »
I would say if you are eating pie mash and beans a some gravy contaminated the beans then that is ok and TBH its not as disgusting as it sounds.

My missus calls me a Northern Monkey (I was originally born in Crewe) if I mop my gravy up with bread so I suspect I would be in trouble.

But I like Shepherds Pie sandwiches so does my opinion even count?

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »
a useful tip for the baked bean fans out there. drop a splodge of Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce in there before cooking them. Adds a nice bit of flavour to the proceedings!  :pomppomp:
Candy

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 06:11:27 pm »
a useful tip for the baked bean fans out there. drop a splodge of Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce in there before cooking them. Adds a nice bit of flavour to the proceedings!  :pomppomp:
.........or if you can get hold of it A1 Steak Sauce  :drool:.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 07:25:41 pm »
I prefer dave's temporary insanity sauce. Been using it in my pasta bakes too.  :laugh:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:27 pm »
I prefer dave's temporary insanity sauce. Been using it in my pasta bakes too.  :laugh:

Nutter  :evilgrin:

One of the guys at work sprinkles Dave's Insanity Salt on everything even fruit.  :stupid:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 08:05:38 pm »

I'm partial to a dollop of carribean scotch bonnet sauce in my Branston beans (never Heinz as I think their crap) or if the missus is eating them then a squirt of Daddys brown sauce in the beans goes a treat.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »

I'm partial to a dollop of carribean scotch bonnet sauce in my Branston beans (never Heinz as I think their crap) or if the missus is eating them then a squirt of Daddys brown sauce in the beans goes a treat.
...................noooooooooooooo,Heinz beans are miles better.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 08:19:25 pm »
Nooooooooooooooo their not!! The sauce is like water  :grin:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

h4rdy

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »

I agree that Branston are the best but Heinz are cheaper at the moment so............................!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 08:42:50 pm »

I agree that Branston are the best but Heinz are cheaper at the moment so............................!

True but their worth it!

Just a tip, four separate cans in Tescos is cheaper than a pack of four (God I'm sad)  :stupid: