Make a donation

Author Topic: Front Grille Fixing Issue...Help Please  (Read 694 times)

KeithB

Front Grille Fixing Issue...Help Please
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »
Front Grille (upper) is a bit loose on my 05gti at the bottom edge, where it meets the bottom grille.....

Underneath the number plate are the 2 hidden screw holes, have the screws but there is nothing to screw in to.....I understand there are 2 clips that fit onto the bottom of the upper grille and went to the main stealer to get some as I appear to have none on my car....They gave me some metal 'speed nuts' which are not really the part I need, as they don't fit onto the upper grille and protrude anywhere near the hidden screw holes.......

I have removed the upper grille and there are 2 areas marked in the plastic where I can imagine 2 clips could go and hang down where the hidden screw holes are, but can find no reference to these clips anywhere, except in 1 youtube video......

The top of the grille is 2 screws and 2 clips and the bottom of the grille just slots into the top of the bottom grille via the 4 or 5 tabs and that's all the fixing the grille has, the hidden screw holes are just empty, the grille must bounce up all the time when I go over bumps,etc......

Am going to 'fix'with a little number plate tape in the short term......Any help welcomed.........Thanks