Make a donation

Author Topic: Who's job is worst/best....  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: Who's job is worst/best....
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:55:49 pm »
 :signLOL:  :rolleye:

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:17 pm »
....I like turtles

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:33 pm »
 :pomppomp:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »
It's got nothing to do with 'calling it a draw', and it's not about who has the most dangerous or underpaid job it's about being realistic and the realistic person can see that coppers have been having it good for a long time.

I agree this has been a very interesting thread and my apologies to the OP for continuing off topic.  As I said feel free to split it and we'll carry it on elsewhere.

Nice mate, you even managed to criticise my apology and still managed to tell me I'm over paid once again. Well done sir. You are clearly the bigger man.

I hold my hands up, really can't be arsed defending my job anymore to someone who knows jack about. By all means split it and you can 'debate' it with somebody else.

Now you see I thought we were having a friendly and reasoned debate about why so many coppers feel hard done by.  I might know a little more than 'jack sh*t' about a Police Officer's career and certainly enough to offer my opinion on whether a Soldier should be paid a realistic amount for his loyalty and commitment versus a copper earning big bucks in overtime.

I don't think I have once been derogatory to Police Officers and in general I have the utmost respect for them, you simply appeared to get very defensive when presented with some facts that didn't follow your ideals.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »

:booty:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 11:30:40 pm »
It's got nothing to do with 'calling it a draw', and it's not about who has the most dangerous or underpaid job it's about being realistic and the realistic person can see that coppers have been having it good for a long time.

I agree this has been a very interesting thread and my apologies to the OP for continuing off topic.  As I said feel free to split it and we'll carry it on elsewhere.

Nice mate, you even managed to criticise my apology and still managed to tell me I'm over paid once again. Well done sir. You are clearly the bigger man.

I hold my hands up, really can't be arsed defending my job anymore to someone who knows jack about. By all means split it and you can 'debate' it with somebody else.

Now you see I thought we were having a friendly and reasoned debate about why so many coppers feel hard done by.  I might know a little more than 'jack sh*t' about a Police Officer's career and certainly enough to offer my opinion on whether a Soldier should be paid a realistic amount for his loyalty and commitment versus a copper earning big bucks in overtime.

I don't think I have once been derogatory to Police Officers and in general I have the utmost respect for them, you simply appeared to get very defensive when presented with some facts that didn't follow your ideals.

Stu, can't we just call this a day now? I'm sorry if I've been defensive, abrupt, argumentative or whatever you think I've been. I spend enough time at work arguing with people and come on here for some light hearted banter and to talk about motors, not my job OR your job.

I feel how I do and visa versa and no amount of forum input will change that. I just think its an endless debate which clearly has me wound up.........woo'sar!

And because I just can't resist, I'm not admitting I am wrong and your right  :signLOL:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »
 :signLOL:

A healthy debate is good.   :happy2:

Of course I'm right  :stupid:  You're in denial.  :popcornsoda:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 11:42:33 pm »
A debate is good now and again but not when its just perpetual like this would be.

Oh, and let ne know if you come drinking around Huddersfield so that I can ticket your car and put you in.the cells for the night  :evilgrin: :signLOL: :drinking:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=f8bucitoa5ti5e2jpi6vmv3u2m&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:43 pm »
A debate is good now and again but not when its just perpetual like this would be.

Oh, and let ne know if you come drinking around Huddersfield so that I can ticket your car and put you in.the cells for the night  :evilgrin: :signLOL: :drinking:

Whether that be a joke or not...  its no wonder the police get a bad rep. Above the law are we?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:57 pm »
Surely that would be an abuse of the powers bestowed on you, I can't imagine you'd do that. :party:

You never know I may make a complaint and then you'd go to jail and get bummed by all those nasty criminals that hate all of you.  :fighting:
Stu...

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:12 pm »

Oh, and let ne know if you come drinking around Huddersfield so that I can ticket your car and put you in.the cells for the night :evilgrin: :signLOL: :drinking:

Whether that be a joke or not...  its no wonder the police get a bad rep. Above the law are we?

Are you taking the pith lad! It's a JOKE! A JOKE I SAY!

I'm not above the law.....I AM THE LAW!  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:51:01 pm by Boothy »

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:07 pm »
Surely that would be an abuse of the powers bestowed on you, I can't imagine you'd do that. :party:

You never know I may make a complaint and then you'd go to jail and get bummed by all those nasty criminals that hate all of you.  :fighting:

:booty: :love: :sad1:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:49 pm »
Ahh I get it.  You want to arrest me half hour before you go off shift so that you can have 4 hours overtime while you process me  :popcornsoda:  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 11:56:40 pm »
I've gotta make 66k somehow!