Make a donation

Author Topic: Hidden highline menu's  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: Hidden highline menu's
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »
Phil all you need for the RNS retro is the unit itself plus a new gateway revision L or newer. Your current gateway is a C revision.

You can getaway without a new gateway but you will have to run a modified FW to stop the battery drain.

ahh i see so that makes mine a C ok i think i understand now, is ebay the best place to buy one and i take it the LED V7 is the one to go for? Lee sorry if i sound stupid but what is a modified FW
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23779.0.html

Have a read through this mate  :happy2:

Ebay.de is the best place for a new gateway, look for a newer version such as AD or AF. The last letter goes as such A to Z then AA to AF so far. So L is newer than C but AA is newer than L. Hope that makes sense.

Yours is a C and you'll need a L or newer to stop the drain.

FW (firmware) is the software the RNS runs on. There are modified versions out there to stop battery drain without changing the gateway.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23779.0.html

Have a read through this mate  :happy2:

Ebay.de is the best place for a new gateway, look for a newer version such as AD or AF. The last letter goes as such A to Z then AA to AF so far. So L is newer than C but AA is newer than L. Hope that makes sense.

Yours is a C and you'll need a L or newer to stop the drain.

FW (firmware) is the software the RNS runs on. There are modified versions out there to stop battery drain without changing the gateway.

Ahh makes perfect sence, i think im still hung over from yesterday lol will get looking, got the OH's permission (ish) any ideas what sort of money my MFD is worth? and is Ebay the best place? sorry about all the questions
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »
Your old lowline?? Buttons I'm afraid mate, TBH you probably won't sell it.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 10:02:17 pm »
Your old lowline?? Buttons I'm afraid mate, TBH you probably won't sell it.

sorry i meant the MFD2 headunit, the lowline is in a box in the shed and will prob stay there till we move, at that point will prob go in the skip lol

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »
I've seen newer ones on here in mint condition go for 250-280-300 mark so you get the idea  :happy2: