Make a donation

Author Topic: Moving onto rotarys  (Read 1188 times)

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Moving onto rotarys
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:59:00 am »
Morning guys,

I've been obsessed with detailing for a couple of years now, having corrected quite a few cars successfully with a G220 DA machine.

I think I'm ready to move onto the rotary stuff now. Is there anyone else that has made the jump?

Also, does anyone have any info on those silverline rotary polishers? They seem uber cheap!  :scared:

Cheers guys,

Nick

h4rdy

Re: Moving onto rotarys
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:07:57 pm »
Morning guys,

I've been obsessed with detailing for a couple of years now, having corrected quite a few cars successfully with a G220 DA machine.

I think I'm ready to move onto the rotary stuff now. Is there anyone else that has made the jump?

Also, does anyone have any info on those silverline rotary polishers? They seem uber cheap!  :scared:

Cheers guys,

Nick

Dewalt do a nice one but its a little more expensive but if you ever sold it in say 5 years you would see a good return.

Offline SimonBash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Moving onto rotarys
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:42 pm »
I did the same thing last year, still got my DAS6 DA as its useful on soft paint, applying pre-wax cleansers etc etc.

The rotary is totally different but is much quicker for correction etc, with a bit of practice you will be fine, they are not scary paint burning machines as some make out.

I went for a Makita (£200) which is about the same weight as the silverline but better mechanicals, great machine but heavy on the vertical panels so have sold it (on DW) and bought the Chicago Pneumatic from Autobrite for £188.

CP is a cracking machine.

Biggest problem you will have with a rotary is finishing down, initially you may want to use your DA for refning after correction to remove any holograms left during the correction stage(s).

Hope this helps.