Author Topic: mfsw  (Read 1804 times)

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
mfsw
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:23:04 pm »
hey might be stupid question but... i haven't got the multi function steering wheel and was wondering weather i can buy the buttons and is easy to retro fit or would i have replace complete steering wheel??? thank you in advance :smiley:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: mfsw
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:31:46 pm »
hi mate you would have to fit the complete wheel, and depending on your car you may need a new slip ring/clock spring and steering control modual to make it work, Apollo13 fitted mine and my highline clocks at the weekend and i love it to bits best mod so far  :jumpmove:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:25:37 pm »
If your car is a DSG model with the paddle shifters then you can just buy the buttons and fit them, if this is the case you will also have the right slip ring and controller.  If however you car is a manual then you need a complete new wheel and potentially slip ring and controller.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline TOMMYGUNN

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:25 pm »
i have the manual version, so will need the complete wheel.  how much do they tend to go for? thanks for the reply's guys. tom

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »
ive seen them go for as little as £20 and up to £100 + the main problem i had was finding a controller as mine has cruise and had a lowline, because i was having the highline fitted aswell i had to get one that could do cruise, highline and MFSW, in a way i wish id got a flat bottomed one now but they can make silly money imho, i just kept an eye on ebay and got one from there
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:50:10 pm »
Standard GT non F/B wheels go for around £75

GTI/R32 F/B go for around £150-£200

Mk6/Scirocco F/B go for £200-£300

Controllers go for £150ish new and on the bay around £50-£80

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:53:37 pm »
I think there are a couple of wheels for sale on the forum at the moment Big al has one, have also recently seen what looked like a completely unused original (with old style buttons) on ebay cant remember if it was .de or uk but there are some out there.  Cant help with the controller and sip rings as I did the upgrade to a DSG car so no change needed.  You will probably need a new airbag harness as well which is relatively cheap but it needs an additional cable to pass the information through to the controller.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:44 pm »
As Rich said you'll need the wheel its self, a new airbag wiring loom and new controller.

If you have a GTI you won't need a new slip ring.

If you need any specific part numbers just ask  :happy2:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »
i got a brand new airbag loom from TPS for about £35 iirc and found a breakers on ebay that had the controller i wanted and that was £60 inc p&p

Offline Mk5_Tsi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 11:49:23 pm »
ive got mfsw and airbag for sale in for sale section
£300 brand new for both
or £170 for wheel itself

Mk5 Golf TSi 140 Sport         -          StivJohnstone

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:30:29 am »
Don't mean to spam the post, but I have a MK5 Multi function steering wheel and airbag wiring loom,  and also have the module needed in the for sale section.
PM me if you want to and we can talk  :wink: