Make a donation

Author Topic: caught doing 39 in a 30 zone - what will I get ?  (Read 12135 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: caught doing 39 in a 30 zone - what will I get ?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »
oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I get the option for the cousre :jumping:

h4rdy

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:07:46 pm »
Probably nothing if you go on the £150 'speed awareness course'

If you don't attend £60 and 3 points

Simples

Is it £150 now?

It was £65 when I did it 3 years ago?

Offline biilyb

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »
first time in over ten years 46 in a 30. 60 pound fine 3 points. couldnt believe i was doing 46 should have asked if the speed gun was calibrated. never thought at the time. they were very nice about it. had to pay the fine in 30 days no course for me.  just another way of rasing money from the motorist

Offline Creatz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • The Noob
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 04:02:02 pm »
If you have done the course before you wont get offered it again.
Sometimes you wont get offered it at all,if thats the case i would write and ask.
Im fairly sure its £80 now,i would also ask to see the speed gun calibration certification for that day
and say your sure you was doing 30
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 04:04:02 pm by Creatz »

Saint Steve

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »

Simples

Its £85 fella, im going on in fella :laugh:

As I said earlier :confused:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 04:47:39 pm »
You have to be caught less than 10mph above the limit to be eligible for the speed awareness course and not have had one within 2 or maybe three years I think? Most police forces won't prosecute until 36 in a 30 zone anyway to allow for discrepancies in the speedo. Don't not pay it. Its a myth you get off with it unless you are one of the extremely lucky few who slip through. Its more likely you will just get raped at court though for trying to blag it.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 05:22:51 pm »

Simples

Its £85 fella, im going on in fella :laugh:

Your lucky then!! My area was the dearest course fee at £150!!

I think the fee is different depending on where you are in the UK.

I did mine 4 months ago.

I was also doing 38
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:37:10 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 05:33:09 pm »
not sure this helps but i got 6 points for doing 102mph (usually a ban at that speed)......FYI if you get a court appearnce on a first offence, my advice (which came from my brother who i is a high ranking cival servant) is to plead hardship on the basis that you have held a CCDL and you have always considered yourself as a safe, aware, conscientious driver blah blah blah....never admit the speed you were caught at if you have to appear in court, just word it carefully and if you plead guilty just admit you were detected travelling above the designated speed for that road at a certain place and time, and dont give some cock and bull story about being late etc or you needed the toilet, best thing is to be clean and upfront and say sorry to the maj! if they ask why....just say your were not paying attention to the speedo because you were looking at the road ahead. the above is only applicable to first time offences based on a summons rather than a fixed penalty...hope this helps?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:57 am »
I phoned the ticket office this morning, and they said I qualify for the awareness course. £70 :jumpmove: :jumpmove:
Happy with that. :laugh:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »
when i got flashed recently i requested to be considered for the course, in fairness warwickshire did reply saying i wasn't eligable, i got flashed at 41 in a 30, no difference to insurance premiums on either car and unlikley to make any difference at renewal

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:59 pm »

first time in over ten years 46 in a 30. 60 pound fine 3 points. couldnt believe i was doing 46 should have asked if the speed gun was calibrated. never thought at the time. they were very nice about it. had to pay the fine in 30 days no course for me.  just another way of rasing money from the motorist

....Not in your case. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing as much as 46 in a 30 unless you are absolutely convinced that you weren't doing 46.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »
I have to say that standing at the side of the road with a Laser you quickly get used to the speeds people are doing and pick out the ones to point the Laser at.  Doing 45 in a 30 would be fairly obvious to the person operating the Laser ... I used to 'guess' the speed before pulling the trigger and was rarely more than 3mph out.  Only at very, very high speeds is it more difficult to 'guess' as you know it's a huge speed but not always just how huge !

I don't use Lasers any more but FWIW they never gave me readings I wasn't expecting.