Make a donation

Author Topic: Guests removal  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Guests removal
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:01 pm »
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now....TC, are you and VC brothers/cousins/related??? You seem to have the same strange humour  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes you are correct he is my older, slower, heavier more expensive brother. isn't that right R32 VC.  :evilgrin:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 03:33:04 pm »
lol not sure about the more expensive part uncle TC  :rolleye:

Credit Crunch :love:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:53 pm »
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now....TC, are you and VC brothers/cousins/related??? You seem to have the same strange humour  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes you are correct he is my older, slower, heavier more expensive brother. isn't that right R32 VC.  :evilgrin:

:grin: i think i'm actually never suffering from wheel hop and traction issues you're younger, heavier phatter, not as expensive as i would like to be brother

:jumpmove:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:55 pm »
The worst forum Ive been part of for security was FocusSTOC, when I signed upto that before I got the golf you had to put your ST's reg number in so they could confirm you owned an ST?? How they did that I dont know...but its too cloke and dagger for me.

This forum is nice and relaxed just how I like it although if it did go all secure are us lesser diesel mortals okay for full master privilages :wink: :grin:

Darren

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 02:09:57 pm »
Yay a thread with funny Cat pics  :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

Not as good as the Monkey pulling a Dogs tail!  :signLOL:  :signLOL:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 02:20:41 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^

That sounds funny as hell for no reason :signLOL:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 12:03:10 am »

I'm very strongly against a structure which allows an anti police stance and if it allows bragging about law breaking I, for one, will no longer wish to be associated with this site.

If individuals feel proud of their driving exploits they can share it privately rather than on an open public forum.

By allowing such expression, the site will be seen to be condoning irresponsible driving behaviour whether it does or not. In turn that will attract unwanted attention and also reflect badly on members.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 08:12:58 am »
^^^ Completely agree.

Like I said earlier, if you wanted to create a 'bragging' section, you'd have to vet anyone who joined to make sure they were not police/police informants. Are you really gonna go that far just so you can brag that you went into triple figures?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 09:47:10 am »

I'm very strongly against a structure which allows an anti police stance and if it allows bragging about law breaking I, for one, will no longer wish to be associated with this site.

If individuals feel proud of their driving exploits they can share it privately rather than on an open public forum.

By allowing such expression, the site will be seen to be condoning irresponsible driving behaviour whether it does or not. In turn that will attract unwanted attention and also reflect badly on members.

Robin, I must be missing something, can you explain what you mean??

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 10:14:18 am »
^^^^
@ Steve

I'm suggesting that the Moderators here quickly edit/remove any posts which brag about racing/speeding on public roads (saying "on a private road" is too transparent).

Clearly I'm not suggesting that posts discussing/debating police behaviour such as in the G20 thread should be censored. I'm talking about boasting driving 'bravado' - The sort of thing that could result in what happened to Ben.

It isn't enough for this site to publicly state a disclaimer that anything posted is not the official view of the owners/Mods - Whereas such a disclaimer does apply generally it won't wash for motoring offences.

By not moderating/editing such posts, and in spite of a disclaimer, authority and others will/may judge this site as supporting irresponsible driving behaviour and tar all its members with the same brush.

As a consequence, a site where it becomes known that road law breakers frequent, will/may be targetted for unwelcome attention.

Obviously how individuals drive and how they have fun is entirely up to them and can be discussed at meets or by PM if they wish.

With Power comes Responsibility.

^ Does that explain it better? ^
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:16:13 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Ifti

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:32 am »
How about allowing guests to view a certain number of pages, before they are forced to register before they can view any more?
So, for example, a guest can view 5 pages, an dthen just see's a default page stating they need to register to view any further forum content...

I used to use this with a forum I owned in the past, and it worked pretty well.......

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 06:17:22 pm »
@ Robin.

Thanks for your explaination, I was very confused why you had posted your comments in this thread after it hadn't been active since the 5th of March and was about removing Guests access to the site.

I am not aware of any examples where these types of threads have been left unchecked on the site as we are very aware of the damage this can do to both the site and the individual(s) involved.

All of the moderators do their best to keep an eye on things but we can't always be online to check every post.

We would ask that if something of this nature is ever posted that members use the "report to moderator" below the offending post.

As always thanks for your feedback  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 08:23:38 pm »
^^^^
@ Steve

I hadn't read this thread before and thought I should contribute my thoughts.

You are right that there aren't any examples of baddies currently and that's either because people haven't posted any or you have jumped on the case very quickly already.

I do remember reporting one to the Mods a while ago.

The subject may not seem to be directly the same as 'Guests Removal' but it's all subject to the same principle of why or not.

Cheers :drinking: :grouphug: