Make a donation

Author Topic: More clutter showing us up on the Ring...  (Read 10209 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: More clutter showing us up on the Ring...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »
they had to give the seat bigger brake(not better) as the rest is crap  :signLOL:  same with skoda  :P buy a proper car not the cheaper one  :booty:
 :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

:wink:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 07:14:40 pm »
Ill get myself an Audi then  :P

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 07:16:04 pm »
Ill get myself an Audi then  :P

yeah but they are dull crap too

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:06 pm »
Vw = peoples car
Audi = more money than sense and bland
Seat= cant afford the Golf
Skoda = cant afford the seat
 :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 07:22:58 pm »

Audi = living life above those poor VW drivers
Vw = Cant afford the Audi and are in denial

Thats better :laugh:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:14 pm »
Vw = peoples car

I gather you don't rate the RS3 then Matt?
Golf R gone.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »
we joke but this is vags problem, renaultsport is a seperate thing to renault like m to bmw, they dont have to share anything, vag build cars that compete with eachother :confused: best vag car in recent years was mk1 cupra r, 225 engine and brembos, nothing in range could touch it, s3 included, shame about the vag handling, but they dont build cars to handle so cant really complain if you buy one, my cupra r was at the time my family car and for that was fantastic, night and day better than my meg, would it come close on a track? no, you buy vag for everyday car, thats cheapish to run, good for kids and fast, but dont moan when the french car comes past because you got heated seats and your teeth :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:28 pm »
i hope its not a normal Audi ie you dont feel involved in the driving ie too much insulation in the car so you cant hear it and i hope its nice to drive i honestly do,it should be to warrant the RS badge but every mag is saying it good but just lacks a little,easy to sort i would think.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 07:29:30 pm »

Audi = living life above those poor VW drivers
Vw = Cant afford the Audi and are in denial

Thats better :laugh:

could afford the audi and did but it was dull so get rid after a month  :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 07:30:51 pm »
i hope its not a normal Audi ie you dont feel involved in the driving ie too much insulation in the car so you cant hear it and i hope its nice to drive i honestly do,it should be to warrant the RS badge but every mag is saying it good but just lacks a little,easy to sort i would think.
should not have to sort! its an rs, buy an m1 and no need to mod

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
i think they could still make the golf a lot more focus'd without compromising daily use.  all it would take is some stiffer bushings, stiffer ARBs, and better brakes.  that nad the fact the VW still think 207hp is fine for the hot hatch market.  now there nearest VAG competitor is about 40Hp more powerful now.

I think id take the megane tbh.

What is it you've go against vw? It seems like in a lot of your posts you seem to criticise them? I'm not being funny but it just seems a little strange considering you are a member of a vw forum?  :laugh:

As said the Cupra got the better brakes as standard, why couldnt the GTI or ED30.  Could have even stuck in the cupra engine in the GTI as standard.  would of made a good car a great car.  Instead you have to pay the Ed30 premium to get it how it should have been as standard

But maybe VW were being clever.  The GTI appeal was very broad, not just the modders.  When the press drove the edition 30/cupra, they all said the standard gti was a better drive. The k04 having lag and the press enjoyed the instant lag free delivery of the standard gti.  With a remap that is sorted but the press don't drive tweaked cars.  

I have evo mags back from when the gti was winning all the awards and the brakes received very positive feedback, recorded stopping distances were shorter than all the competitors.  We all know the r32/cupra brake set up is stupidy heavy and offers little more in stopping power, I know a couple of people who don't believe they're an improvement and believe they upset the front of the car making turn in heavy and less agile.  Is this why the press didn't think the cupra's ride and handling was as sorted as a gti?

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:52 pm »
It's not so much it being a Renault, more the recipe. It could be anyone - Ford, Vauxhall etc...

You want balls out, you buy the Cup. You want refined you buy the normal car, you want the best of both, you add the Cup chassis to the normal car.

If the French can make this work building cars in a shed in between going on strike, taking 2 hour lunches to nail both a bottle of wine and their mistress and do some Gaelic shrugging over 40 fags.... why can't the world's biggest car factory consider it?

Would it be that hard to offer a couple of flavours of GTI?

That car on a good day is easily a sub-8 B-G car, you might say Ring laps don't count, but it's a decent measure of a cars B-road pace. To get a Golf doing a sub-8, you're throwing coilovers/ARBs/brakes/remap/LSD/etc etc etc at it.... by the time you've done all that and paid the labour, you've probably caught up on the French car's depreciation and bust half your warranty - I know, I've done it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:44:52 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »
I don't mean that as such - more making hot hatches hot.

A MKI/MKII Golf was much better built than French tat of the era, but they were just as good in terms of being hot.
that is a mad time, not a fan of the 250 though, and to be honest, its very golf like in terms of build, cue the people who have no idea with the same old, "its french so its rubbish" lol, drive it! french cars go, german cars look cool. as for the mk2 TD, as good as a pug gti? nah :P

The MKII wasn't a 205GTI, and I know I'd rather have the latter, but it wasn't that far off - it's not like the massive gulf there is now.
Sideways yo!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
True and I would rather have the golf now! Lol I think vw could make a 250 /ford rs but they want to sell volume they base their sales on build Quality and still want to be seen as the mature brand ( sounds like a golf rubbish) which is why I don't get the French cars Are crap argument, don't compAre, the gti is less of a perfomance car than the other hot hatches and vw want that

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 09:09:37 pm »
they had to give the seat bigger brake(not better) as the rest is crap  :signLOL:  same with skoda  :P buy a proper car not the cheaper one  :booty:
 :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:
:wink:

Vw = peoples car

Ok lets bring some objectivity to this

My new vRS that i have ordered (not taking into account the 20% off) should be nearly £27k. A 5 Door Golf GTi to the same spec (Satnav, Leather, Xenons, Bluetooth, Cruise, MFD, F&R Parking Sensors) is............Wait for it
£34K :surprised: :surprised:

Why is their a £7k premium.......

They share the same TSi Engine, DSG Box & Chassis. The interior materials are the same quality (door cards/dash etc) and don't say they aren't as my wife had a Golf and i had the door cards off that when i fixed her wing mirrors and the only difference is shape. Carpets are the same quality (to feel anyway) Satnav is the same just a different start up logo. Don't start saying they are built better as they use the same bolts for near enough everything.

Maybe the leather seats are a different price due to quality.

In the Octavia's favour though it is bigger (so more practical)

So we will take into account that the Octavia's leather seats are £1000 cheaper for a reason. So that leaves a £6k premium.

That's a very expensive VW badge at £3k each (front & rear)

Yes they may hold their value well. But it's all relative. After 3 years my vRS will be worth about £9k (as long as not high mileage) so i will have lost off the retail price (again not taking into account the 20% off) £18k.

A 3 Year old Golf GTi is around £16k (looking on VW Used approved) so again you have lost about £18k.

So although i could afford a far more expensive car than i have. It was actually my wife that made me see sense as the car i wanted to buy was £42k. She pointed out that everything i wanted from the car i could get from a vRS and save myself a shed load of cash.

If that sounds like I'm having a go I'm not i am just bringing another view point. FWIW the Skoda dealers i have used in the past (bar one :fighting:) have always been more than helpful in every respect.