Make a donation

Author Topic: Where to find a MK1 Golf  (Read 4626 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Where to find a MK1 Golf
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 10:31:18 pm »
Worth speaking to Richard at Crazy Quiffs, not sure what they have at moment, a chap in our local club picked up a cracking mk1 bronze driver, and is not going to f#ckin ruin it with Honda crx seats and Charlie Sheen winning stickers  :fighting:

http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:36 pm »
Worth speaking to Richard at Crazy Quiffs, not sure what they have at moment, a chap in our local club picked up a cracking mk1 bronze driver, and is not going to f#ckin ruin it with Honda crx seats and Charlie Sheen winning stickers  :fighting:

http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/

Cheers Wigit, I'll email him. Have you got a mk1 then?

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:41:14 pm »
Ollie I don't but I know a few who do and know a couple of the guys who work there as well as rich  :happy2:

They sorted me out with some mk1 campaign pirelli centre cap stickers for the mk5  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:44:23 pm by wigit »

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:42 am »
Hi Ollie - What sort of mk1 are you after? Good condition orginal / modified or a base to restore? Strangly I am looking to sell my mk1 and I have already offered it to a garage (but not done a deal) as I just dont use it. But its a 20vt in very good condition so it depends what your looking for. You will be lucky to find a swallowtail full stop so that miami blue car is rare.
300hp Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
Here's a cheap one if you can arrange to get it moved:
http://www.swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13743

Nowt to do with me, I just saw it on a local forum and thought of this thread.  :smiley:
Andy
7R

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:55 am »
Someone posted a link to a Mk1 for sale on here last week.  I'll see if I can find it, but the general concensus was that it was overpriced and had been for sale for a while.

FOR SALE!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:23 pm »

FOR SALE!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »
Cheers guys.  :happy2:

Hi Ollie - What sort of mk1 are you after? Good condition orginal / modified or a base to restore? Strangly I am looking to sell my mk1 and I have already offered it to a garage (but not done a deal) as I just dont use it. But its a 20vt in very good condition so it depends what your looking for. You will be lucky to find a swallowtail full stop so that miami blue car is rare.

Hi mate, im after a swallow tail or series 1 3 door. I want to restore it so any condition I would look at.

Have you got any pictures of yours, how much you looking for it?  :happy2:

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 08:21:31 am »
Hi mate - its about time I got some pics up on this forum of my mk1 and 5 so I will do that this weekend if I get chance! As for my mk1, its an S2 in exceptional condition if I do say so myself  :ashamed: with the conversion done by Mid vw. Its not realy a project car that needs loads of work doing on it as such so it depends what you want. Let me get some pics up and you can pm me if your interested. Thanks for the interest anyway; and as for your search, the Mk1 forum is good and I would also look at club gti as well. Be very patient as many mk1's are sheds now but if you want to spend a lot of time restoring one, it may not be such a problem for you if you can find a good solid base. Cheers mark  :happy2:

Offline Felix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 07:54:16 am »
Ollie - put a pic of my mk1 in members rides so you can have a look - cheers mark.