Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust Cat Back  (Read 1586 times)

Offline adamfbb

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Exhaust Cat Back
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »
Looking at this on ebay, what does everyone think? Cheap and nasty?
Want a milltek but need to save a bit more  :smiley:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350451087817&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2571wt_1139

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Exhaust Cat Back
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:36:00 pm »
Hang on for a Milltek mate  :happy2:,they look ok but not shure about the quality & how long they will last.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »
This has been posted before....they are crap apparently

Offline adamfbb

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:05:08 am »
Thanks. For that price I didn't think it would be any good. Just wait a while longer for a milltek  :smiley:

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 02:38:37 pm »
I've got one of these waiting to go on. Also got one of their decat downpipes. They are Japspeed .  To be fair the quality looks fine. Can't comment on fit as its not on yet. They are on a buy it now at £250 and thats quite close to 2nd hand Milltek money so I wasn't fussed going with the unknown but when they went to auction they became more viable. They're 2.75" the same as Millteks ed30 catback and the downpipe is 3". You still need Millteks connecting pipe to join them which you shouldn't really have to.
Thing with forums is that some people are quick to rubbish anything that is cheaper than they have paid for theirs. The proof is in the pudding as they say. I may be wrong and have egg on my face but it could turn out to be a bargain. If it doesn't fit well it'll be giong staright back to them !
I did ask peoples opinion in the modifications section but nobody had real experience of them.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

golfecho5

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:17:44 pm »
Gotta say they look pretty good but been running Milltek full system for over 2 years now and it still looks and sounds fine, good thing about them is no booming at cruise of any speed but liven up on full power. I'd be tempted to try at that price though. Worth checking YouTube to see if any clips.

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »
to be fair, that looks a nice peice of kit!!
think the test will be how it holds up to usage.... a bit like the joms/raceland coils "discussion"....... :P
keep us posted once its on and fully tested please
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

golfecho5

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:43 pm »
Is there a Sports Cat on that system, looks like a straight through number which is great but will cause a nightmare on MOT time.?

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 11:16:58 pm »
No cat on there mate. Just a pointless resonator ! I've been a bit lazy in that I've not put it on yet but hope to get it on soon. I'll post up when it's on.
That's fair enough about it holding up. Like you say, time will tell. On the cost side , I paid £150 for the downpipe and £155 for the catback on auction. I've seen one go for £138.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

golfecho5

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 11:21:42 pm »
If the quality look is to go by and it's not a nightmare on cruise you could have a winner.

Enjoy, love to hear how it sounds.