Make a donation

Author Topic: Apple madness  (Read 4376 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Apple madness
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 02:03:56 pm »
I sell my phones using mazuma normally. Yes you could get a bit more on the bay but as you say there are so many knobhead buyers on there it isn't worth the risk and i just use eGay for buying stuff now.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 02:12:36 pm »
I just sold 3 phones via Mazuma was rather painless, they sent me an envelope to send them off paid postage I added the extra for recorded about 70p and got lots of emails as they arrived and once they were checked and money straight into my bank account on day of receipt really quite an impressive slick machine and no quibble over the price given by the website.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 03:50:41 pm »

I went from a 3G iPhone to the 3GS then to the 4. (the difference between the 3GS & 4 is massive Tony). Each time i do so (because of my contract) it cost's me nothing to change and i was actually £37 better off last time i changed.

No, I appreciate it is a decent upgrade, but it just wasn't enough of a leap forward and worth it to me - I don't use that many features on the phone and as work pay for my contract and I just buy the phone it didn't seem worth it.
Sideways yo!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38:28 pm »
What do you want as a leap forwards though?

iPhone 4 has over 3GS

Better Screen
Better Bluetooth
Faster Processor
Faster & More memory
Better Camera
HD Video Recording
LED Flash
Front Camera enabling Facetime
Three Axis Gyro
Dual Mic with Noise Supression
N Class Wifi
Better battery life for Talk & Internet

Just curious as to what else would have tempted you across? :happy2:

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »
Fonebank always used to pay the best prices. Some of the phone places are shysters, though and will inform you that the phone was non-functioning when it arrived and only give you half the agreed value (fonebank don't do this btw). Best to read reviews first!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »
Never had that problem with Mazuma.

Not tried fonebank but will have a look at them when it comes to getting the I5 :happy2:

Ifti

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 05:48:48 pm »
I agree that playing the waiting game isnt the best choice when it comes to Apple products - I also upgrade my iPhone yearly etc. The 3Gs to the 4 was a good upgrade, due to the number of changes etc. The iPad to the iPad2 isnt a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, because the updates are rubbish. We have what, 3 or 4 developments?? It was released to keep up with all the other tablets in the market. Apple were forced to release an earlier then planned update because of this, and I believe it ended up with a product which is aimed more for a newer audience - those without an iPad to date - rather then to those who already have an iPad. If you really needed an iPad now I would save some cash and go with the iPad 1 to get you by for the next few months. The iPad 3 will be a bigger update.

Apple are known to bring out the bigger updates every 2 years, or after every 2 cycles. iPhone is a classic example, and now the iPad. The item comes along, then a small update in between, before the next 'big' update comes along. With the iPad, I'd rather wait for the next big update as my current iPad does everything I need it to do perfectly fine. I would have probably done the same with the iPhone this year, as I believe it will not be a huge update - a slightly bigger screen, and a speed boost maybe, more like a iPhone 4s, rather then an iPhone 5 as such - but my contract ends in June so will look for a decent deal if one is available.....  :wink:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »
My contract allows to me upgrade 6 months early for free. As i only ever get 18month contracts it ties in nicely with iPhone release. :happy2:

Not just a pretty face me :evilgrin: :laugh:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 06:07:21 pm »
I would recommend any ipad users to upgrade until Apple upgrade the screen resolution.

Would ?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=82d40odg4l1a184rktmlnk3vgt&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 06:26:38 pm »
I would recommend any ipad users to upgrade until Apple upgrade the screen resolution.

Would ?

Sorry... Wouldn't!!  :happy2:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »
Anyone else on here hold Apple shares?

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »
What do you want as a leap forwards though?

iPhone 4 has over 3GS

Better Screen
Better Bluetooth
Faster Processor
Faster & More memory
Better Camera
HD Video Recording
LED Flash
Front Camera enabling Facetime
Three Axis Gyro
Dual Mic with Noise Supression
N Class Wifi
Better battery life for Talk & Internet

Just curious as to what else would have tempted you across? :happy2:

LOL, you don't have to sell it to me, I know how good it is..

I use the phone for calling, texting, emailing and surfing - nowt else. The 4 didn't really do much more in those fields than the 3GS. I bought an iPhone because I like the GUI, I work with tech all day, I can't be arsed bringing it into my out of work life in the same sort of way.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:02:25 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!