Make a donation

Author Topic: Toyo R888  (Read 9058 times)

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Toyo R888
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 10:15:03 am »
I dont think you will get more than 5000 miles out of the Toyo R888s, all that torque going to the front wheels all the time will wear down that rubber fast, also i really don't like the feel of the R888's compared to Michelin sport cups, seems to lack the clarity of steering compared to a cup tyre.

You only really need a semi slick tyre if you are mentalist like Jonny  :driver: :signLOL: or do a lot of trackdays,

imo semi slicks give an awesome steering feel + grip but unless you really do go tits out everyday they are a waste ! :rolleye:  :signLOL:

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: Toyo R888
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:55 pm »
I dont think you will get more than 5000 miles out of the Toyo R888s, all that torque going to the front wheels all the time will wear down that rubber fast, also i really don't like the feel of the R888's compared to Michelin sport cups, seems to lack the clarity of steering compared to a cup tyre.

You only really need a semi slick tyre if you are mentalist like Jonny  :driver: :signLOL: or do a lot of trackdays,

imo semi slicks give an awesome steering feel + grip but unless you really do go tits out everyday they are a waste ! :rolleye:  :signLOL:

I have never been impressed by the Cup tyre, certainly very pointy but not a lot of mechanical grip generated, the Toyo's are pretty much the opposite in both aspects..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128