Make a donation

Author Topic: Coding the 9w7 Bluetooth?  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Coding the 9w7 Bluetooth?
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:00:52 pm »
Guys, as you may have seen over in the Members ride section, my wife's new Polo has arrived.

As VW UK don't offer It with any sort of Bluetooth option, I've purchased a brand new 9W7 VW Bluetooth kit (module, complete harness, OEM mic and polystyrene cover) to retro fit into the Polo.

My plan is to use it with a RCD-510 head unit that came out of my new Rocco. Trouble is, I might have hit a snag. I assumed that even though the wife's car only has a midline dash, it would still be useable through the RCD. However, on my Rocco, to get my Phone paired with the factory blueooth kit (also the 9W7), I had to do it though the high line dash.

Is there anyway to pair the unit using VCDS and adaptation channels ? I.e. Can you instigate pairing mode etc. Through VCDS or do you have to have a high line dash ?

Cheers

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:14:31 pm by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Coding the 9w7 Bluetooth?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:36 am »
assuming the unit can take being powered down and not loose pairing, pair your wifes phone to it in the Rocco and then transplant the unit into the Polo, bit low tech but I cant see why it wouldn't work........
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:25:01 am by Richn83 »

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:59:04 am »
assuming the unit can take being powered down and not loose pairing, pair your wifes phone to it in the Rocco and then transplant the unit into the Polo, bit low tech but I cant see why it would work........

I'd never thought of that Rich, that might just work !

Many thanks mate  :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »
I think it may just need a little tweak.  What's the part number of the unit?
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »

Thanks mate, its:

ref: 7P6 035 730 C

:happy2:

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »
Stu, one more question if I may. The Bluetooth unit that came in my new Rocco (which I think is the same as that mentioned above, it's certainly not just RSAP as my IPhone connects perfectly).

I've moved the supplied RCD-510 out and replaced it with my RNS-510. Although the unit seems to operate perfectly, should I have done any coding changes going from a RCD to an RNS to the [77] Bluetooth module ?

Cheers

Andrew

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:15 pm »
Andrew,

The 7P6 can be activated via BT.  If it's not currently working then take a look at the known adaptation channels in the latest Beta VCDS.

On the subject or the RCD/RNS swap - Not that I can think of mate but it's always worth having a look for any codes.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:11:04 pm »
Thanks Stu,

Just downloaded the beta so I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:41 am »

Glad to see Stu has come along with some actual coding advice rather than my ham fisted approach   :fighting2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »

Glad to see Stu has come along with some actual coding advice rather than my ham fisted approach   :fighting2:

Hey, don't knock it Rich, it Stu's elegant coding advice doesn't work, the "ham fisted" approach might just be the one that works  :grin: :grin: