Make a donation

Author Topic: My Gordini  (Read 8113 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: My Gordini
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »
Cheese eating surrender monkeys everywhere!!  :surprised:
 :wink:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 07:50:40 am »
you will defo save money, wont have to spend 10k on mods to make it good :signLOL: nice car mate :happy2:

Is that a dig at the Mk5 Golf GTi?
tongue in cheek fella :happy2: i would not be on here if i did not like the mk5, point is you cant really mod a renaultsport, they are pretty much as good as they can be out of the box.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 10:44:46 am »
you will defo save money, wont have to spend 10k on mods to make it good :signLOL: nice car mate :happy2:

Is that a dig at the Mk5 Golf GTi?
tongue in cheek fella :happy2: i would not be on here if i did not like the mk5, point is you cant really mod a renaultsport, they are pretty much as good as they can be out of the box.

:grin: :grin:  dont downtalk the mk5, i got told off for that when i said the meganne RS is a better car :grin:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 10:59:50 am »
I love the mk5, anyone want to buy one?!  :signLOL:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 09:36:27 pm »
My car is shocking. I dont see over 25mpg ever. Maybe 28mpg if i drive like an absolute fanny, but whats the point in that. Actually, in a recent trip to Devon, i blew £130 just getting there and back from Birmingham with a bit of petrol left when i got home for the shopping.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 09:36:49 pm »
I love the mk5, anyone want to buy one?!  :signLOL:

LOL. Id have swapped mine.

Mines up for sale, but dont expect anyone to buy it. I just need to get a Mk2 to stick in the garage to satisfy my VW itch.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:38:54 pm by Deako »

Saint Steve

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:49 am »
Perhaps Nick, put your Eddy in the garage for a year, and drive the renault. See if you come to the same conclusion. At least then your back in a Decent GTi if you cant live with your new purchase :wink:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:47 am »
Perhaps Nick, put your Eddy in the garage for a year, and drive the renault. See if you come to the same conclusion. At least then your back in a Decent GTi if you cant live with your new purchase :wink:

Its not that i cant live with it. Its an absolutely astounding car, and the kit it comes with as standard puts VW to shame. However, since i was 19 ive had about 20 Dubs, and just miss them.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »

i know what your saying phil but i just wanted a change and cant really afford to keep it in the garage so im gonna be flogging it off cheap in the next couple of weeks. i did love dsg but its nice to get into an old school flavoured hot hatch, i dont want anything too sensible and this is perfect for me, the polos etc just didnt do it for me. if i had the money i would have liked an R or TTRS or porsche for that money, but for half the price i got a really fun car that drives amazingly and wont depreciate anything like my gold did! when the DSG Eddys were sold for 25k+ new plus how ever much on finance and now only worth 12k that is a big hit! the clio should be worth 10-11 in 3 years even though its a renault. people that think VWs and beemers etc dont depreciate are mad it seems to me that what ever you buy you need to half its value in 3 years, aslong as your prepard for that its fine  :happy2:

oh and as you know i wasnt the first keeper but i have taken considerable expense with paying virtually 20k for the car plus all the other bits.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:10:04 pm by NB07 »

Saint Steve

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:17 pm »
Your old car is worth far more then 12 k Nick, its just Price of petrol is not helping to sell a car like this currently.

Sales of fuel efficient cars are whats selling currently. For a car thats 4 years old, i still think 50% resale value isnt that bad (ie the GTi).

The renault will be worth less then you think mate. It would of lost 40 odd% of its retail price, which i have no idea what they are new.

A quick calculator  :happy2:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-depreciation-calculator/results?makeId=18501&modelVersionId=19579&editionId=35007

it is bloddy slow to load that link page  :fighting:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:27:38 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »
dont worry ive taken my time over this steve not like i just jumped in without working it all out. i got a very good deal on it with a healthy discount that is unheard of with VW dealers plus 0% finance which is nice. works out cheaper to by new that a year old one! then after 3 years its only had one (careful!) owner and is hopefully a desirable car being so rare it will be worth a bit more than the link you made as its got cup chassis and speedlines that are sought after and i know of only one other white one :happy2:

the golf R will half its price plus i would have finance costing about 3k!

Year 0   Year 1   Year 2   Year 3   Year 4   
Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.0 TSI 270 R 3dr   £31,095   £24,025   £19,650   £16,000   £12,775   

when/if i can afford to loose that kind of money then i will probably do it just not at the minute :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:04 pm »
 :happy2:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »
Great little cars these nick   :happy2:  i had a play with one a few weekends back on some country roads and its was really well composed around the twisties.

Ive seen some great deals on finance and it would certainly free up a load of cash, whats the insurance like?
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 08:21:44 pm »
Smash the living daylights out of it  :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:57 pm »
dont worry ive taken my time over this steve not like i just jumped in without working it all out. i got a very good deal on it with a healthy discount that is unheard of with VW dealers plus 0% finance which is nice. works out cheaper to by new that a year old one! then after 3 years its only had one (careful!) owner and is hopefully a desirable car being so rare it will be worth a bit more than the link you made as its got cup chassis and speedlines that are sought after and i know of only one other white one :happy2:

the golf R will half its price plus i would have finance costing about 3k!

Year 0   Year 1   Year 2   Year 3   Year 4   
Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.0 TSI 270 R 3dr   £31,095   £24,025   £19,650   £16,000   £12,775   

when/if i can afford to loose that kind of money then i will probably do it just not at the minute :happy2:

I was offered £12k for mine in November. 4 months after i paid £18k for it brand new! ;) The RRP was £21k. I didnt get the best deal, as some of the dealers started selling the Gordini off for £16,500 after we bought ours. Renault are worthless second hand.